Coming on nicely. I like the bucket and chain on the rear skid, adds a nice 'lived in' look.  

By the way, I have the same paint set- they do look quite lurid, but perhaps we're too used to seeing 100 year old museum pieces with very faded and worn colours. The original schemes (oddly from a modern point of view- was used in slight variation by all sides!) must have been as much about disruption as concealment.

WWI_camoutruck.jpg

USmortar_railwaymount.jpeg

Although this is my favourite...Yes, it is a an army pony camouflaged as a 'wild' zebra in East Africa....

Pony camouflaged as Zebra

Will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2017 at 11:03 PM, Killingholme said:

Coming on nicely. I like the bucket and chain on the rear skid, adds a nice 'lived in' look.  

By the way, I have the same paint set- they do look quite lurid, but perhaps we're too used to seeing 100 year old museum pieces with very faded and worn colours. The original schemes (oddly from a modern point of view- was used in slight variation by all sides!) must have been as much about disruption as concealment.

WWI_camoutruck.jpg

USmortar_railwaymount.jpeg

Although this is my favourite...Yes, it is a an army pony camouflaged as a 'wild' zebra in East Africa....

Pony camouflaged as Zebra

Will

Sorry for the tardy response to your message Will,

just spent two weeks goofing off on holiday.

The idea is a s you say to break up the outline of the tank and not to blend in. A complete copy of the dazzle camo fashion used on on ships.

Not too sure about the zebny/pobra, the poor guy looks rather unhappy with his new coat of paint :analintruder:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/3/2017 at 11:56 PM, Steve_farrier said:

@Killingholme interestingly the camouflaged pony/zebra might have a secondary or even primary function. It's been proven that flys don't like zebra strips, some horse rugs now come as zebra print which are stated to have that effect... food for thought... 

:-) 

Unusual idea Steve but who knows.......................................

Time to get back to work on this "little tank"..............................

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

just spent two weeks goofing off on holiday.

Hope you and the good lady G had a good one I have just made an attempt to get back on with my build it is hard to get motivated when you are spoiled by all the good food and drink for just a short time

Oh well back to the grind I suppose  ;)

beefy

• Like 1

Hi Keith, thanks mate, yes we misbehaved in a grand fashion. Still got a week off before I get back to work so time for some paintwork. Unfortunately the maintenance on the house kind and not weathering :analintruder:

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 3:27 PM, Carius said:

Hi my friend, excellent paintjob and progress with your little monster, 

Beautiful camo scheme indeed.

Cheers from Brazil :cheers:

Hi Cesar,

Thank you, started the weathering process today, photo's to follow ;)

7 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Already starting to look like a camo job !

Very tank(ette) like

Trust you and the Mrs enjoyed your break....

Kev

Hi Kev,

A couple more washes and it will start being a weapon instead of looking like "Ken and Barbie's little colored tank".

The holiday in Lisbon was just what the doctor ordered. Great hotel, wines and food. Really enjoy visiting Portugal, nice people as well. We stayed in Paco de Arcos, nice little place about 20 minutes from the center of Lisbon, with a great selection of restaurants in walking distance from the hotel.

;)

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

The holiday in Lisbon was just what the doctor ordered. Great hotel, wines and food. Really enjoy visiting Portugal, nice people as well. We stayed in Paco de Arcos, nice little place about 20 minutes from the center of Lisbon, with a great selection of restaurants in walking distance from the hotel

Sounds purfecttt :D

• Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 7:14 PM, FrancisGL said:

Looks better and better, the brand on the side is a very cool detail...:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :yes:

Thanks Francis, Louis Renault's plaque bolted on, does look rather good doesn't it? Sprayed a light coat of dust over the midget yesterday and added some very light chipping on the edges of hatches etc. I'll try and get some new pictures up today,

;)

On 8/15/2017 at 5:23 PM, Carius said:

Julian, I agree with Francis :popcorn:

Thank you very much Cesar, it's been a nice kit to build so far with no serious problems along the way. I can't understand why Takom didn't include shells to fill the ready racks inside but that is really the only niggle and it can be remedied with the 3D prints.

B)

19 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Nothing like a bit of dirt to make a model come to life.

John.

Toned down the "Walt Disney" technicolor effect nicely here IMHO. Much less a toy looking tank now.

:penguin::penguin::penguin: