1 hour ago, BlackMax12 said:

Looks like you had too much old paint in that rack behind so used some of it up before it dried.  Did they have LSD back in WW1 because 

aside from the ice cream look this could be like someone's LSD trip.

Can't rationalize why anyone would come up with a camo scheme like this as it doesn't conceal anything but maybe like you say it's a "I'm here

as you can see so don't shoot, please"  but that would invite anyone to see if they could hit it wouldn't it?

On the box for the 1/35 Takom MK IV Female tank there is a picture of this type of camo and it's labeled 1919 Leipzig Freikorps Service so maybe it did actually exist,

stranger things have happened.

The model is looking great so far, glad it's 1/16 as it sure is tiny.  Must have had a crew of just two, small guys at that and probably the most readily disposable 

two they could find to cram in there.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

this is a new MiG set of French armor colors, so not the best of the rest, mind you I don't know what MiG has been smoking before he came up with these colors. The camo is the style used in autumn 1918 to 1919 and referred to as the Japanese scheme according to the encyclopedia entry concerning the FT. 

I am quite convinced it will look less Disney like when some washes and weathering have been added.

The amount of crew space is dreadful, can't imagine how cramped working in that thing must have been.

Cheers mate,

;)

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

She is looking good Gremlin.

As for the camo, perhaps it was designed to make the enemy gunners laugh so much that they could not hit it .

Simon. 

That is a possibility Simon, difficult aiming when your bloomers are overflowing :D Or the LSD Lloyd mentioned.......................................................................

This is even blowing Mrs. Grem56's mind. Said this is the most ugly little thing I ever smuggled into the house (of course she never has seen the stash, luckily for me or my a** would be Gr*** :analintruder::analintruder::analintruder:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Just catching up Julian, again some great work being shown here buddy :thumbsup2:

Thanks Dan, you are doing a rather complicated work-over yourself on that Sea King over on the wingy forum. Good to see you back and around :yes:

• Like 1

Nice painting ting and very colourful. 

Maybe that scheme came from animals world, where more colorful often means more dangerous. 

• Like 1

With the summer activities in full swing I to have to play catch up on your fantastic build Julian, many likes mate.

Colour scheme is one different kettle of fish but that's the French way of doing things :like: just like their wine very bold.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

On 23-7-2017 at 9:59 PM, Kris B said:

Nice painting ting and very colourful. 

Maybe that scheme came from animals world, where more colorful often means more dangerous. 

Thanks Chris,

It's quite a fun paint job actually, really enjoying it.

The paint job is one of the most colorful I could find:

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww1/fr/renault_ft.php

;)

4 hours ago, Ripaman said:

With the summer activities in full swing I to have to play catch up on your fantastic build Julian, many likes mate.

Colour scheme is one different kettle of fish but that's the French way of doing things :like: just like their wine very bold.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you very much. There is method to their madness, and that goes for this camouflage style too :D

• Like 1

27/7 update.

Assembling the turret. Nasty little sting fitted and the ready rack will look better when filled with AP shells. Feisty little tank considering it's age:

DSCN5184.jpg

DSCN5185.jpg

DSCN5186.jpg

DSCN5189.jpg

DSCN5190.jpg

Also bought some more goodies for when I start the Bradley:

DSCN5191.jpg

DSCN5192.jpg

DSCN5193.jpg

DSCN5194.jpg

DSCN5195.jpg

DSCN5196.jpg

DSCN5197.jpg

DSCN5198.jpg

I am growing very fond of the paint sets provided by the major paint rivals. This set gives 3 shades of desert tan, rubber black, olive drab and the "rich seasick green " used inside US armor.

The two sets of water bottles and the equipment will be used to busy up the interior of the Bradley.

The crew is icing on the cake and the two sheets of camo decals for the uniform look great. Trumpeter really go the full mile here supplying these decals, can use them on the back packs etc.

The faces of the crew members is also impressive for 1/35th plastic and the goggles are molded in transparent plastic. All this for a reasonable price

:analintruder::clap2:

• Like 7

Looking at that turret Gremlin, it reminds of one of your fav`s Roger Waters.

You show off your Magnum, you deafen the canyon.

Much could be said for this little beauty.

All looking good Gremlin.

Simon. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spookytooth said:

Looking at that turret Gremlin, it reminds of one of your fav`s Roger Waters.

You show off your Magnum, you deafen the canyon.

Much could be said for this little beauty.

All looking good Gremlin.

Simon. 

Thank you Sir,

Nifty little turret isn't it? Wish I had one of these for use in Dutch traffic :D

• Like 2

This project is turning out to be a very nice build.  Nice camo paint job.  Things should look even better with the add on's.

• Like 1

I'm really going to have to get some new glasses. When I looked quickly at the raised casting on the side of the turret, I thought it said "P Good Urine".

That aside, the little stinker is coming along nicely. Look forward to the Bradley and what you think of those Meng paints.

John.

• Like 1

He looks great with his turret in place.
The funky-camo (a magnificent name..lol), I seemed to see it in a flash, in the parade of the 1st WW victory? Of France a few days ago, which included vintage vehicles, and I thought I saw a Schneider assault cannon operational and with his Funky-camo ... a few tones very similar to yours, if you have opportunity and / or curiosity, I imagine that on Youtube must be.
The figures look very good, and the camos, I find very interesting, did not know ...

Cheers Julian :popcorn:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RichO said:

This project is turning out to be a very nice build.  Nice camo paint job.  Things should look even better with the add on's.

Thanks Rich

;)

11 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm really going to have to get some new glasses. When I looked quickly at the raised casting on the side of the turret, I thought it said "P Good Urine".

That aside, the little stinker is coming along nicely. Look forward to the Bradley and what you think of those Meng paints.

John.

:clap2: Brilliant, that made my day John, PGU, would have been a good name for the mighty midget :D

10 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

He looks great with his turret in place.
The funky-camo (a magnificent name..lol), I seemed to see it in a flash, in the parade of the 1st WW victory? Of France a few days ago, which included vintage vehicles, and I thought I saw a Schneider assault cannon operational and with his Funky-camo ... a few tones very similar to yours, if you have opportunity and / or curiosity, I imagine that on Youtube must be.
The figures look very good, and the camos, I find very interesting, did not know ...

Cheers Julian :popcorn:

Hi Francis, there are some examples of this dazzle camo around. Takes getting used to though :analintruder:

The decals for the uniform camo was a new one for me too, rather curious to see how that will work out.

Cheers Francis ;)

29/7 update.

Turret interior fitted. Turret closed up and painted. On the engine bay deck, exhaust and tool box to paint. Then the weathering can start.

20170728_150617.jpg

20170728_150628.jpg

DSCN5199.jpg

DSCN5200.jpg

DSCN5201.jpg

DSCN5203.jpg

DSCN5204.jpg

:nerd:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ripaman said:

Coming along very nicely Julian :like:

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard !

10 hours ago, longshanks said:

Good to see the 'little in ' growing up and donning his hard top ( read go kart gets water pistol ) :winkgrin:

Looking good Julian! Love the paint job

:hmmm:Would it be a Bradley next?

Kev

The paint job is more time consuming than I first thought, nearly there though :D

A Bradley? How did you guess?

:clap2:

• Like 1

Looking very nice Gremlin.

Very cramped inside that turret, and loud too.

BTW Lady R says it looks ugly, I say just different.

In our local hobby shop today , Trumpeter 1/16 M1A 1500 parts I think.

Did not dare look at the price of it.

Simon.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 8:52 PM, Spookytooth said:

Looking very nice Gremlin.

Very cramped inside that turret, and loud too.

BTW Lady R says it looks ugly, I say just different.

In our local hobby shop today , Trumpeter 1/16 M1A 1500 parts I think.

Did not dare look at the price of it.

Simon.

Lady Rose has the same opinion as Mrs. Gremlin56: extremely ugly little tank. What was the old saying: Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder? Nah, even I think it's amazingly ugly, part of the fun though.

I have been considering the M1A but there is no interior detail included and most of the 1500 parts are used to build the multi part tracks. It was on offer at Axel's modelbau shop:

https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/en/military-models/1-16-military/static-model-kits-1-16/us-m1a1-mbt-trumpeter-00926-1-16.html

I think I'll pass on this one though, spent nearly the same amount on the Bradley and add-on goodies to go with it. Also time to start building the remaining models in the stash.....................;) well, not getting any younger am I ?

• Like 1

Yes Gremlin, none of us are getting any younger mate.

The Bradley looks an interesting kit, I built the Tamiya version years ago, very basic but nice.

Tamiya`s original M113 was a belter of a kit, coming with interior details a a full crew.

mind you, did have fun trying to match the brown for the ethnic crew member.

Simon.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 2:13 PM, Gremlin56 said:

Lady Rose has the same opinion as Mrs. Gremlin56: extremely ugly little tank. What was the old saying: Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder? Nah, even I think it's amazingly ugly, part of the fun though.

I have been considering the M1A but there is no interior detail included and most of the 1500 parts are used to build the multi part racks. It was on offer at Axel's modelbau shop:

https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/katalog/en/military-models/1-16-military/static-model-kits-1-16/us-m1a1-mbt-trumpeter-00926-1-16.html

I think I'll pass on this one though, spent nearly the same amount on the Bradley and add-on goodies to go with it. Also time to start building the remaining models in the stash.....................;) well, not getting any younger am I ?

The FT-17 may be "ugly",  but it was the progenitor for all tanks afterward.  It was first to have a fully rotating main armament turret with a rear mounted engine and tranny and with a coaxial machinegun.  Besides,  its so ugly its kinda cute  :)

• Like 1