21 hours ago, longshanks said:

:hmmm:I can see a theme developing here..............

I can see where you're going buddy. Number of 1/16th kits cleared off the shelves

Buy 1/35, 1/2 the size but 1/4 of the volume. Can get 4 times as many kits in same space

Cunning, very cunning

Titch now looking like a demented toboggan

Kev

PS Does anyone else find gremlins pics take ages to load?

Hi Kev,

No themes developing here, just spoiled and greedy :D

The titch is a demented toboggan, it's French for heck's sake ;)

I check the download speed on two telephones and a laptop Kev, download speed isn't too bad IMHO but if it is giving more problems I could reduce the size of the pics

7 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Coming along very nice and some great new additions to the not so small stash I expect  ;)

beefy

Thanks Keith, the stash is way too big but I blame all the firms that produce these amazing models that weren't available when I was younger....................

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

PS Does anyone else find gremlins pics take ages to load?

Yes, sorry to say that a full page can take up to a minute to load completely.

John.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Too many photos or too big photos? I'll try a different size with the next update John.

;)

Late to the party on this - typically - but a wonderful model.

On the matter of photos, I am thinking that the pics might be a bit on the large side. Looking at this thread on my mob this morning seems to have punched a sizeable hole in my data allowance for the month! No harm done though, I will be following this unusual subject with interest :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They loaded up a lot quicker than before but it did not bother me as to busy trying to take in all the details  :yes:

looking bright in all those colours 

beefy 

• Like 1

Great pics Gremlin, it is probably your "Hosting site" that is slowing things down.

I agree with Kev, it`s a go-kart with a gun.

Look bloody good though.

And as you said , with additional filters etc will look the dog`s back wheels.

Simon.

On 12-7-2017 at 1:44 PM, clive_t said:

Late to the party on this - typically - but a wonderful model.

On the matter of photos, I am thinking that the pics might be a bit on the large side. Looking at this thread on my mob this morning seems to have punched a sizeable hole in my data allowance for the month! No harm done though, I will be following this unusual subject with interest :yes:

Thanks for looking in Clive, photo kerfuffle seems to have been solved so I hope I don't shoot anymore holes in your data allowance

;)

23 hours ago, longshanks said:

Pic loading much quicker with no apparent loss in quality

Bright little chappie ain't it

Still reckon its a glorified Go Kart

Kev

It's anything but camouflage at the moment Kev, more like a "Don't shoot me please, you can see me here" scheme (a bit like the air recognition stripes on WW II Italian warships).

It is small, I keep mentioning that, can you imagine being shut up in that thing after your colleague had the roasted chicken with garlic lunch? (great recipe from "Floyd on France" that is made with a chicken, of course, roasted in the oven with two (2) kilos of fresh garlic. One kilo goes in the chicken and one kilo goes in the roasting tray. Delicious of course and I provide this culinary adventure here for free :D).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Great pics Gremlin, it is probably your "Hosting site" that is slowing things down.

I agree with Kev, it`s a go-kart with a gun.

Look bloody good though.

And as you said , with additional filters etc will look the dog`s back wheels.

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

starting off with the ubiquitous burnt sienna oil wash will probably improve things (I hope).

;)

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:
Very good camo (as always), I love the colors, and the photos, now they are loaded at the moment ...:popcorn:
Cheers Julian

Hi Francis,

thank you very much mate. Glad to hear the photos are loading faster now, I'll keep these settings.

Cheers ;)

I don't know what kind of background the French thought that this tank would blend in with....perhaps something with pistachio ice cream maybe. Whatever, it's looking good. Maybe those in the know then were saying, "you know what? In a hundred years time, model builders are going to want to build a model tank in these colours"

John.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I don't know what kind of background the French thought that this tank would blend in with....perhaps something with pistachio ice cream maybe. Whatever, it's looking good. Maybe those in the know then were saying, "you know what? In a hundred years time, model builders are going to want to build a model tank in these colours"

John.  

Hi John, it's even scaring me..........................................This is still the first phase though, (Ice cream) factory fresh so to speak.

I am guilty though, the combination of this model with those colors was irresistable :D

• Like 1

22/7 update.

Further progress with "Le Funky French Camo", at the moment looking very cartoonish. Have replaced the plastic suspension springs with home made ones which are a big improvement on the OOB items:

DSCN5173.jpg

DSCN5174.jpg

DSCN5175.jpg

DSCN5176.jpg

:nerd::D

• Like 5

Looks like you had too much old paint in that rack behind so used some of it up before it dried.  Did they have LSD back in WW1 because 

aside from the ice cream look this could be like someone's LSD trip.

Can't rationalize why anyone would come up with a camo scheme like this as it doesn't conceal anything but maybe like you say it's a "I'm here

as you can see so don't shoot, please"  but that would invite anyone to see if they could hit it wouldn't it?

On the box for the 1/35 Takom MK IV Female tank there is a picture of this type of camo and it's labeled 1919 Leipzig Freikorps Service so maybe it did actually exist,

stranger things have happened.

The model is looking great so far, glad it's 1/16 as it sure is tiny.  Must have had a crew of just two, small guys at that and probably the most readily disposable 

two they could find to cram in there.

Lloyd

• Like 2