With the slug on finals I have cracked the box of the 1/16th Renault Ft. A long way to go on this build...........................

I still feel like doing a blog of this model and I will be keeping on my subscription at SlickPic for at least this year to be able to post some photos of my plastic buffoonery.

Rivet fetishists and lovers of serious threads abandon ship here because I won't be delivering what you are getting your jolly's on :wicked:

More to come......................................................

;)

• Like 2

Primer cups and spark plugs ordered from Taurus models, shells for the eye pokingly empty model storage racks ordered from Shapeways.

These would seem to be the main necessities, the rest of the model looks rather nice.

:wicked:

ARGH you can tell I have been on nights missed the start of this one Ā :sleepy:

Ā 

The tracks are very well detailed you seam to have a bit of a thing with 1/16 scale these day Julian

Ā 

Does building in the larger scale make it easy on the old eyes if so i will have to give it a go Ā :blink:

Ā 

beefy

• Like 1

23/6 update.

First off thanks to Chris, Kev and Cesar for the encouragement, much appreciated.

In answer to Keith's questions i can only say that there isn't really a move to the big scale builds taking place, just happen to have had a couple of nice models in 1/16th scale available.

The bigger scale isn't really easier on the eyes, they are pretty much messed up by staring at a computer terminal everyday every week :nerd::hypnotised:

The part I am looking forward to on this build is the camo with all the snazzy French colors :blush:

More work on tracks and engine. Fitted the ignition leads, filled any seams with dissolved putty and gave a first base coat of Vallejo acrylic grey, the a coat of Vallejo acrylic gloss black and finally Alclad aluminium ( aluminum for the inhabitants of Trumpland). More to come on the engine front. The shells arrived from Shapeways, very nice looking print and will fill the ready racks nicely:

Ā 

DSCN5110.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5108.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5107.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5105.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5106.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5112.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5114.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5115.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5116.jpg

Ā 

;)

• Like 8

Very nice details on that engine block will you be showing it with hatches open Ā :yes:

Ā 

Been looking at some shapeways stuff for the floaty things is there any clean up to do with then Ā ;)

Ā 

beefy

• Like 1

Hi Keith,

Yes, that's the plan here, as many hatches as possible to look inside the midget.

The Shapeways parts are nice, i was able to snap the shell and case of the base quite easily and the rough parts could be pushed off with my fingernail. Only thing I am figuring out is which glue to use. The Gator grip glue doesn't seem to hold so have resorted to CA, that does seem to work.

;)

• Like 1

24/6 update.

More work on the engine. Radiator assembled. First track complete but still unpainted:

Ā 

DSCN5118.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5119.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5120.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5121.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5123.jpg

Ā 

The colors are copied from a Restoration build of an FT in the US of A, you can find the engine walk-around on You Tube.

Time to watch the F1 qualification and see if Lewis can work towards bumping Scummi off the top of the list of career poles :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:.

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, PhilHendry said:

Looks great!

Thank you very much Phil, much appreciated ;)

Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, KAYELL said:

Great looking engine...only to be expected

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Keith

Ā 

Hi Keith,

I had some problems with the ignition cables but managed to solve that conundrum. Just needs a spot of weathering now.

Thanks for popping in to look at the "Mighty Midget"

;)

Thanks Francis,

Good copy? Yes, I thinks so too :yahoo: The Vallejo matt varnish I applied as final coat before weathering toned down all the metal colors and made it less garish.

Looks like well behaved Renault engine now :nerd:

23 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Time to watch the F1 qualification and see if Lewis can work towards bumping Scummi off the top of the list of career poles :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Don't you like Schummi, or is it that your computer doesn't like "H's"?:D

That engine looks really good Julian. The mat finish gives it a really authentic look.

Ā 

John.Ā 

• Like 1

Thanks John, my puter can handle "H's" fine, I just strongly dislike Scummi :D (I'll add Vettel to that list as well after the "Whacky Races " in Azerbaijan today. He seems to condone the same tactics Scummi used against Villeneuve and Alonso).

On a different note the engine will look even better with a dirty wash.

25/6 update.

Radiator painted and fitted to the engine ready for wash/weathering. Fire wall attached to transmission and painted. Dry fitted the parts to the lower hull, :hypnotised: yikes it's a really small little tank.

Ā 

DSCN5124.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5126.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5128.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5130.jpg

Ā 

:nerd:

• Like 8

30/6 update.

Further progress on the mighty midget. engine now installed, working on driver and fighting compartments. Bought the 190 night fighter version, (nice). Also some more of Lifecolor's liquid pigments.:

Ā 

DSCN5131.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5132.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5133.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5134.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5135.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5137.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5138.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5139.jpg

Ā 

DSCN5140.jpg

Ā 

:penguin::penguin::penguin:

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, Kris B said:

I hope that flying German is just an accident and photo messingĀ :D. Seriously tank looks good mate.Ā 

Thanks Chris,

the FW? 4 cannon, 2Ā  mg's, 4 sets of antenna's, radar gear and a drop tank, the pilot must have been a genius to even get the bird into the air and of course to add to the fun doing that at night.

I am surprised they didn't add a second seat for the RIO just for giggles. Looks seriously deadly on the ground with gear down though...................

:D