Sherman II 'El Alamein'

1 hour ago, clive_t said:

John, was that true generally, or just of Shermans?

Sorry Clive, not sure, and I can't check at the moment because home and all my info is 500 miles away. It was either in one of the books by Steve Zaloga or one of his articles in Military Modeller.

John.

• Like 1

Looking very nice. Can I ask a really dumb question please: what is a grey filter, and what does it do to a model? Oh, and how do you apply such a thing? Ok that's 3 dumb questions! I'm keen to know, though :)

4 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Looking very nice. Can I ask a really dumb question please: what is a grey filter, and what does it do to a model? Oh, and how do you apply such a thing? Ok that's 3 dumb questions! I'm keen to know, though :)

it's really thin oil paint where you moisten the surface to change the tone very slightly, and tends to bring cammo together. It  really should be a very subtle change in tone

First thing - I like the way you painted the wooden box. Can you tell me how to do it? Second - this rolled sheet need to be mounted somehow, do not leave itike this. Third - whose make this stowage? 

13 minutes ago, Kris B said:

First thing - I like the way you painted the wooden box. Can you tell me how to do it? Second - this rolled sheet need to be mounted somehow, do not leave itike this. Third - whose make this stowage? 

Wooden box - Coat of Deck Tan, then a mix of clear orange / yellow, then dark brown oil wash, then finally dot filtering to mix the surface up.

None of the stowage is fixed yet, just tacky waxed in place. Need to add ropes / binding later.

The stowage is a mix of Legend / Value-Gear

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Yeoman1942 said:

nice to see one of the Wiltshire Yeomanry Shermans being build.

Good looking build

Hi Yeoman, LTNC

I was going to say the exact same thing... and I can see Cricklade from my upstairs window! :D When I was in the  Wiltshire Yeomanry I drove Foxes. They had a habit of rolling over in the early days. I made do with driving mine into a hidden machine gun trench at 30mph. :poop:and OUCH.

Rearguards,

Badder

Great progress, I'm liking it for the details and the camo and the weathering. I hope it's going to appear in a diorama?

Rearguards,

Badder