***1 finished*** at the double

Picked this up the other day, no way this will stay off the bench for long, Not got a Shar in collection in either metal or plastic, though I have built the airfix only to find the kit didn't come with a canopy and never tracked a spare down so it was scrapped. 13D36DC3-A2ED-4888-8C2F-6705DCFFACA4_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

moving towards decalling, going to build the 2nd one as well, though not going to be the falklands scheme. 

35487668400_33e8ff2cc9_b.jpg

Edit will take some time, need to milk put the outriggers and the canopy has a moulding flaw that needs removing 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don'r quite know what  happened in my last post, no idea where need to milk came from. Anyway failed to sort the outriggers out but fortunatly a kind forumite donated some outriggers for both kits so there sorted, the canopy could be tricky, especially as both are equally affected. 

Canopy fixed and outriggers touched in. Looks like I might actually get triple my finished mode count for July. Might even quadruple if I have some joy with my bf110, though I suspect may have to buy an Eduard mask so that won't arrive in time 

36062073342_cfab266e77_b.jpg

Will be done soon, just the final coat and the sidewinders to redo as I like a twonk painted them the later grey rather than the correct period white. Mounted it on a dogfight double stand as I had intended to pick up the airfix skyhawk to go alongside, kit was sold out, but the proprietor said he'll keep an eye for one. 

36265841786_8096694f15_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu