Henschel Hs 123 A-1 - GASPATCH MODELS 1/48

• 1 month later...

Thank you guaguachong, I also think it is worth to buy especially if you consider the fact that after buying it there is no real need for any aftermarket product - except maybe decal sheets with more paint scheme options and the splinter camouflage painting masks set (which is already provided by Gaspatch as an after market accessory). Anyway, my point is that if you want to build a highly detailed model - more detailed than the 20-25€ kits can provide - you are going to have to resort to either arduous scratch-building or buying after market detail sets that are usually more expensive than the kit itself. This is obviously not the case with the Gaspatch kit since all the detail is included :wink:

• 3 months later...

Not to be a downer on this stunning piece of art, but I really have some doubts that the Hs123 still did use the splinter camo in 1944. Wasn't it all gone on frontline planes by 1940?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I don't know how I missed this WIP the first time around however I am delighted to have found it now. I have the Gaspatch kit sitting waiting in the stash for me to pluck up the courage to have a go at it so with this very detailed WIP I feel I could soon be giving it a go.

Beautiful work on the kits and on the quality of the presentation of the WIP too.

Duncan B