Baby Bandai Falcon for Bespin Base

I decided that the new Bespin base from JPG Productions needed to be shown off properly, it is designed to go with the baby 1/350 Bandai Millennium Falcon so one was dragged out of the stash and having already built one with engines lit decided to see just how far I could take the lighting on one of these diminutive kits!

Anyway after a little bit of contemplation and drilling it now has the underside landings lights set out!

MF1_zpsloa0z9k7.jpg

MF2_zpssd01qz9o.jpg

MF3_zpsf8mkjgct.jpg

1mm fibre guides used for the 4 large lights and 0.5mm guides for the rest.  I also have a set of add on bits from Shapeways for the cockpit, yes it will have an interior and new cover, landing gear and dish.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Will Vale said:

It all looks perfectly sane until you see the coin cell and the LED on the inside. Sooo tiny!

Will

I'm planning on also having the engines, front running lights and possibly the cockpit lit as well.  Got a 3D printed cockpit interior and new cover from Shapeways!! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Are planning on releasing this lighting kit for sale? Looks nice so far.

Not sure yet, depends how well it goes and the final costings.

45 minutes ago, GMK said:

Wow!

That looks amazing! Where did you get the Bespin base from?

The Bespin base is by JPG Productions, I am importing some for my store at Tirydium Models so building this a s a display piece.  The base will cost £35 plus P+P and this is what you get.

Bespin%20Base_zps1rpnuctc.jpg

• Like 3

The large section is the landing pad, the other 3 sections make up the base then there are 11 greeblies and 33 small light bulbs.  Once I get one in my grubby little mits I will see how easy it is to drill out the light positions for F/O.

• Like 2

These are some of the 3D printed bits I bought from 308 Bits store on Shapeways.

MF-1_zpsdwh3dymo.jpg

The set also came with landing gear and replacement turret windows!!

Even though they are so small I have managed to break off one of the rear seats in the cockpit.

• Like 1