COMPLETED Imperial Star Destroyer - Randy Cooper resin 42" 1/1500 scale

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:08 PM, Beefy said:

Absolutely awesomely fabulous I know how much work and detail you put into this build and it has certainly paid off  . Can't wait to see it on club night. Did you happen to buy shares in Tamiya Primer ?

The force is strong with this one

Cheers Paul buddy - you'll be hauling one of the handles for me next month across the car park at Telford ! It's not premiering at club tonight as I had a customer meeting today and didn't want to drag this coffin all the way to site and back - premier delayed until IPMS Scale Model World 2017 Telford

laters big man

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, Rumblestripe said:

These ARE the Star Destroyers you were dreaming about...

:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

Many thanks for the kind words and penguins

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, Wulf said:

What did you use for the base color? That's some pretty nice grey. Looks almost like on screen.

Hi Wulf

OK, so the base layer is Humbrol grey primer and the top coat is Tamiya light grey primer.

Onto the top of that went a labyrinth of carefully cut masked random shapes which were then dusted over with various shades of MIG pigments which left me with a ghosting of rectangular and square shaped outlines once the masking was removed. Invest in a nibbler tool as this really adds to the effects when required.

Onto that went another coat of KLEAR and then I made up my own decals of various shades of grey with MIG Pigments dusted onto them and sealed in KLEAR before being trimmed up into individual decals and applied. Once the decals were applied and dry for a day, a final dusting of light grey MIG pigments were applied however these were worked from the centre of the model outwards to the port and starboard sideways only

The base, with home-made decals added

DSCF7172

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Absolutely superb build John. Very much looking forward to the Sandcrawler.

Andy:cat:

cheers Andy - its crawling along slowly - lots of hot water bath treatment needed to get the larger panels flat before assembly

"oodini !!"

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:03 PM, rockpopandchips said:

OMG! stunning, amazing or gobsmacking just doesn't  do it justice, holy hell on a stick it looks so good.

What have you got planned for it, display in the house or build a weatherproof shrine for it in the garden?

Hiya

OK, so female management gave me 3 green lights last night - indoor display permission has been granted !! Its got a place to be fixed on the wall above the TV in the lounge - Helen said "I guess we can use it as a lamp when its lights are on!!"

Just fine by me....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

Hiya

OK, so female management gave me 3 green lights last night - indoor display permission has been granted !! Its got a place to be fixed on the wall above the TV in the lounge - Helen said "I guess we can use it as a lamp when its lights are on!!"

Just fine by me....

Now that is a very understanding Helen, she definitely needs something nice for Christmas. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to say that having seen this in the flesh, so to speak, at Telford, it really is the most extraordinary model, and one that you see but can't really believe you're seeing it.

And the really smack yourself moment came for me when I was looking at my photo's of this, I realised I hadn't noticed at the show the Millenium Falcon!

It's a wonderful model and many congrats on it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...