Another Kitthawk Fitter

Not so as impressive as Ian's build but this my attempt at the same model. I found it not a particularly difficult build despite all the various online mumblings etc.

Fit of parts wasn't too bad particularly if you assemble the fuselage parts to make to 2 halves instead of the way Kittyhawk suggest.

I used a few aftermarket parts such as the HAD nose cone assembly ( a must in my opinion), Armoury wheels (better detail), Master nose probe assys and guns (again just better detail and more refined), Eduard seatbelts, Quickboost rear fuselage intakes,( although these were for the KP kit they fitted perfectly OK)

Paints were the usual Xtracolor and all the decals were from the kit but unfortunately the stencils were quite translucent and didn't show up very well so I didn't use some of them.

If Kittyhawk give you all necessary updated parts for the SU-22 version I wouldn't think twice about building another one.

Anyway, thanks for looking.

35646542632_c94491df92_z.jpgIMG_9915 by Keith sherwood, on Flickr

35427316610_f0f36dac44_z.jpgIMG_9918 by Keith sherwood, on Flickr

35815957315_7112ec5c3f_z.jpgIMG_9920 by Keith sherwood, on Flickr

Edited by keithjs
  • Like 15

Whoa, they're all appearing now, this is superb! Amazing that everyone's saying it's not actually that bad a build, just proves that reviews are only one individuals opinion. 

Lovely work and nice to see a different scheme too. 

Eng