1/72 airfix 109 e-4

Hi everyone,

This is my 3rd RFI now and I thought I show my attempt at airfix's new tooled 109. This is a lovely kit, goes together well and enjoyed building it. I decided to use a mix of techmod and the kit decals. This was my first attempt at mottling. All brush painted using xtracrylix paints. I attempted weathing it but not sure if it may be over done. Apologies for quality of pictures, taken on phone.

all comments welcome, 

thanks

matt

IMAG0756IMAG0757IMAG0758IMAG0759IMAG0760IMAG0761

• Like 20

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I like that. The mottling looks especially well done to me. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve. It turned out pretty good considering my first attempt and with a paint brush. I am sure with some more practice I could improve the results. Overall pretty pleased with it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IanC said:

Nice. I like the choice of markings.

But it looks a rather dangerous place for a 1/72 109 to land! 

Cheers Ian, I have always liked the 109 in these markings since seeing it in a book of Luftwaffe aircraft as a kid, so I wanted to do one. It's the markings of hans von Hahn I believe. 

It it is a bit of a dangerous landing place! I had to take pics by the back door as the camera on my phone is not great and that was the lightest part of the house on an overcast day! 

6 hours ago, Colin1967 said:

Looks great to me Matt, all ways pleased to see brush painted models in this day of the airbrush.

Regards Colin.

Thanks Colin. The whole airbrushing thing does not appeal to me, it seems like a lot of effort compared to just being able to pick up a brush and dip it in a tin! I am sure that an airbrush gives a better finish but i am quite happy with paint brushing. Each to their own I suppose. 

Matt

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Matt O said:

Thanks Colin. The whole airbrushing thing does not appeal to me, it seems like a lot of effort compared to just being able to pick up a brush and dip it in a tin! I am sure that an airbrush gives a better finish but i am quite happy with paint brushing. Each to their own I suppose. 

Matt

Quite agree Matt, I prefer very much to brush my models, you can get some good results (As seen by above) I have much success brushing with Humbrol metalcote colours in particular.