Testors Heroes Of The Sky Spitfire Mk1

The wooksta V2.0

I spotted this on evilbay a few days back and decided to take a gamble:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272707161702?_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've tried to find some sprue shots or reviews, all to no avail apart from one ebay site that had shots of the bits in a bag. Yeah, real helpful mate!

Has anyone taken a similar punt on this kit? Is it any good or do I just whif it as a filming extra (to be blown up) in "The Battle of Britain"?

Hmmn.  This is the best shot of the kit parts I could find, and it's a double boxing with a Bf 109:

s-l1600.jpg

It's not the Heller kit and AFAIK, Hawk never did a mk I.  The bag says mk V/IX.  The prop is definitely not an Italeri one, it looks more like the 1996 Revell kit, but that had separate wing tips and this looks to have full span.  The sprues are rounded.

Anyway, I won the auction, so we'll know soon enough.  This is it:

s-l1600.jpg

A quid plus three quid postage.  Cheap enough to be disposable.  Free paint too.  Can't be robbed.

Edited by The Wooksta!
Cos I felt like it!
  • Like 3

The Heller I is in Argentina (Modelex, formerly Crovetto), the V in the Czech Rep. (Smer), not sure about their E - may still be with them. Hawk had a 22 (sort of). The 109 Looks like some quickbuild kit to me, so could the kits be Chinese, e.g. HobbyBoss ? I think Aoshima is busily reboxing HB for  the Japanese market, so Testors may do something similar.

I can't identify whose tooling it is but I can say whose it isn't!  It's not the Airfix, Heller/Smer, Italeri, Hobbyboss, Tamiya or Revell.

4 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

I can't identify whose tooling it is but I can say whose it isn't!  It's not the Airfix, Heller/Smer, Italeri, Hobbyboss, Tamiya or Revell.

Post up some pictures when you've got it in your sticky mitts. The curiosity is killing me!

• Like 1