Flying 'car' to cross the Channel today

FalkeEins

apparently due to take off later today from Ambleteuse and land somewhere near Dover, the Vaylon  (French constructor) 'buggy' left Paris by road and is due to drive into London after crossing the Channel 

http://www.ouest-france.fr/insolite/une-voiture-volante-s-apprete-franchir-la-manche-5059175

• Like 1

I expected to see that design that's been on the go for years (below).  Kind of a drone made large and instead of a big lipo and camera in the central section, a car cockpit.  Not strictly flying, not strictly a car, it can't do a transition from one to t'other without stopping to do some work getting stuff in/out.  Still fun though :)

flying-car-m400.jpg

9 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Now theres an idea for Season 3 of the Grand Tour.........their attempts on TG to cross in an amphi car was so hilarious its bound to be TV gold :) 

I'd pay good money (oh wait, I already do) to see that. James May has a pilots licence so I guess he'd be the likely candidate.

My main concern is its inability to autorotate or glide (in the same way that bricks don't) in the event of an engine failure and I bet there's no parachute system due to weight. Fascinating, but not for me. :worry:

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 11:50 PM, FalkeEins said:

apparently due to take off later today from Ambleteuse and land somewhere near Dover, the Vaylon  (French constructor) 'buggy' left Paris by road and is due to drive into London after crossing the Channel 

http://www.ouest-france.fr/insolite/une-voiture-volante-s-apprete-franchir-la-manche-5059175

Was Jeremy Clarkson on hand? :frantic: