British Bushmaster

ted15

Hello, On a wim I purchased the Showcase Bushmaster. I read somewhere they were used by the SAS. Modified to suit. It was fitted with crows ii rws 50cal,

What other mods where made?? cheers Mick

There are precisely two images available I believe of this rare beastie - neither of them of good quality. It is also highly unlikely that anyone who has any real (as opposed to speculative) knowledge of them will ever be willing to respond to that question :D

This book contains one of the images on page 21 (and there is a more recent Osprey Elite publication on the SAS that includes another one).

Cheers,

Centaur

1.BR-Ar-Osprey-Special-Ops-Patrol-Vehicl

• Like 1

Being that I don't know where the additional armour was fitted and those that do aren't sharing:swear::swear:. I think i'll just go with the bullbars and hang junk all over itB) cheers everyone

I have seen, touched and been inside these vehicles at Hereford as I used to work in the project team which looked after them.  No-one is going to be posting pictures and some of the equipment fit is classified SECRET.  Indeed their very existence is still technically classified and not officially acknowledged, notwithstanding speculation on websites such as this and those linked above.  Merely taking photos at Hereford will get you locked up.

I understand the desire to model such unusual subjects, but in this case discussion of the subject could be doing more harm than good to the users who we expect to put their lives on the line for us.  There's a lot of stuff that UK SF use that is very interesting but necessarily kept under wraps and it needs to stay that way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I saw these pre-delivery: suffice it to say that they're closer in configuration to the Dutch (RNLA) configuration Bushmasters, both inside (gunner seat on the driver's side, aft of him), & out (appliqué armour). The RWS I saw was a variant of the Protector RWS (close to the M151, albeit with British smoke dischargers), with the 40mm GMG fitted. Colour was UK Stone (except the inside of the bins were in Australian tan). I have omitted mentioning any of the "special" stuff. 

Hi Ted, have you started your build yet? I also recently got one of these kits. Undecided whether I'll do as an Aussie version or a what-if Irish one. It is mased on an Irish design licenced to Thales of Australia and was a contender for the Irish army but we went for the RG-32 instead. Looking around the inter-wed there are not a lot of build logs for this kit.....

• 2 weeks later...

Heah Sean, No I haven't started yet. I was talking with Kinetic and they are going to release a upgraded Dutch Bushmaster. The extra seat, added armour and RWS system. I'll wait on that to do a British one.  The Showcase one would need a lot of work to convert it and I don't have the skill for that. Cheers Mick

Mick, you'll have to defete the extra seat - there's no seat under the left, rear hatch. The RWS isn't correct for British Bushmasters - steal one from a Stryker kit. If you're talking to Kinetic, you may want to ask whether they're doing the forward-facing gunner's seat behind the driver.