Tamiya 1/35 Matilda II North Africa

Hey guys,

may I present my rendition of the earlier 2009 Matilda as seen in North Africa. Having recently finished my first year of A levels this things pretty much kept me sane throughout the exams!
The construction was the average 'shake and bake' of the new-age Tamiya stuff. The attention to detail on the casting was particularly nice I found. Painting was... interesting... may I temporarily retract the sanity statement? The caunter scheme was painted using the tamiya colour call-outs and a lot of masking with the extra-thin contouring tape that Tamiya also offer.
Weathering was completed by a few filters of ochre oil paint thinned down followed by dry brushing, limited chipping and then a bit more drybrushing.

The track was left till the end where it was first sprayed Tamiya Dark Yellow, then dry brushed with Humbrol 33 black and then thoroughly scrubbed with a graphite stick.

Thanks for looking!

Sam

photo DSC_0179_zpsffyboba3.jpg

photo DSC_0181_zpsbddga3vs.jpg

photo DSC_0182_zpsisbtbneh.jpg

photo DSC_0180_zpsksvuenqa.jpg

• Like 22

A great Matilda you've produced there. I really like the colour scheme.... that 'duck shell' blue is a lovely colour and sits nicely between the other two....or should that be not nicely, (as was the intention of the scheme)

Rearguards,

Badder

And I hope you pass your A levels with flying colours.

• Like 1