32nd scale wessex

Wafu1

Just looked at the pictures for the new" yellow" wessex and would like to point out that the picture is all wrong the model show a wessex HAS mk 3 with the artic nose that was introduced in the mid seventies if it is to be a mk 1 then the nose is wrong as is the same for mk31 which was the aussie version. the colour is wrong as it should show blue fuselage with yellow topping having spent a number of years working on 737NAS and county class destroyers I believe I am right with my comments

• Like 1

Welcome to Britmodeller Wafu1.

I haven't seen the box art/press photos for this kit, what is it trying to be? I would be good if it had the variations to cover a Mk1 and a mk3.

• Like 1

If they are producing a 32nd scale wessex 1/3 then it has to have the sonar gear in and not just the troop seats which is what a lot of manufacture do now

• Like 1

The Wessex on the boxart does exist in that scheme though it never flew in it, it was a ground school airframe at I believe Cosford and was painted in RAF colours there, it now sits in a museum in the scheme, Italeri have also stupidly used this scheme in the 72nd and 48th kits.

800px-Westland_Wessex_HAS3_XT257_6888521

It is a wessex mk3 no matter what colour it is and what markings it has spent four years on the mk3 with 737 squadron and glamorgan flight. is the 32nd  scale coming out then? and if so when and how much?

31 minutes ago, Wafu1 said:

It is a wessex mk3 no matter what colour it is and what markings it has spent four years on the mk3 with 737 squadron and glamorgan flight. is the 32nd  scale coming out then? and if so when and how much?

No idea on release date but as for price I paid around £80 for my HC.2 (still have to build it )