Avis 1:72 EADS Barracuda drone

This is the recent Avis kit of the EADS Barracuda drone. Apparently it is meant to compete with the RQ-9, and is a joint project by Germany and Spain. 

It's definitely a short run kit, but most parts fitted within tolerances. I did have problems with the rear fuselage/exhaust joints, with much putty/sand/repeat cycles going on there. 

I used Xtracolour X126 Grey overall. It seems they are painted the same color as the Luftwaffe Eurofighters. As long as manufacturers make kits of drones, I'll be there to buy and build them. 

This is completed aircraft #475 (8 aircraft, 2 ordnance, 7 vehicles for the year 2017), finished in May of 2017.

DSC_0739_zpszefii9pi.jpg

DSC_0738_zpsn0b3vwwx.jpg

• Like 7

Ahhhhh....i just tough that i finished my list of drones with last of them in the stash - predator....

This is something i must have :)

Avis is not in the range of shake and bake kits, but you managed to fix it beautiful. Very crazy looking bird.

Question pitot tube should have this angle or you just band it with careful handling :)

Best regards Djordje

When I was building the kit, I had to verify the shape of the pitot as well. Just doesn't look right in that position, but that's how the real one looks!

The Avis kit is emphatically not shake-and-bake, but if you're at least as patient as I am (ie, not very) you can get a decent result. If your manic perfectionism kicks in, this might not be the kit for you. 

Edited by Kevin Callahan