1/48 F-111F Aardvark 48TFW

A quick preview of my latest kit finished in time for the end of the F-111 Group Build which finishes on the 2 July. More photos in the gallery (and other completed builds) of the GB thread as well as the WIP. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

75caee82-8681-41d7-abb2-71c67f0459e0_edi

• Like 48

18 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Exellent muzz,  I'm  flagging got to admit , but this is an inspiration,

Glynn

I feel your pain Glynn, I was too. I just tried to do a couple of the small rubbish jobs everyday until they were out of the way. Enjoyed the build and like how it's turned out but glad it's done!

Muzz

• Like 1

Hello,Muzz - My full compliments to you on your beautifuly built and finished '48 TFW' F-111 Flagship.I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work.I equally admire your eye for detail - right down to the highlighted manufacturer's name on the nosewheel tyres.Magnificent work.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

That's an absolute beauty, the paint work is fantastic. Which kit is this? (I should really look at the Group Build really but am lazy).

Duncan B

Its the Hobby Boss F-111D/E kit Duncan. Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzz said:

Its the Hobby Boss F-111D/E kit Duncan. Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

Ah that's interesting, I have a few sitting around here so might have to add one to the private stash.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Nice work Muzz, that's a beautifully turned out jet. The tremendous paint job and very nicely weathered and detailed finish is incredibly eye-catching. 

I love the look of the F-111, and remember seeing loads of them round the Scottish highlands and Borders as a youngster back in the mid 80's. I've got one of these in the stash with aftermarket decals and some resin bits and this is just the kind of inspiration that could lead to me digging it out.

Really, really beautiful bit of work.

Rgds,

Eng

• Like 1

Very nice F-111 great finish :goodjob:

Guy

• Like 1

Finished article is very impressive, good skills. Brings back very fond memories of liasing with the F111 crews from Upper Heyford when I was air traffic at RAF Abingdon in the early 90's. Some very loud nights enjoyed by all even if some of them proved rather hard to remember!?!

• Like 1