RCAF Mk2 Sabre

Courageous

Hi All,

I'm currently cleaning kit parts to build a RCAF Mk 2 Sabre. I'm wanting to finish this a/c of a front line squadron in NMF but I'm having trouble in tracking a 1/72 decal sheet for such a beastie. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a suitable decal sheet?

I quite like this aircraft: 421Sqn, RCAF I don't mind doing DIY decals but Ican't find the appropriate emblem for the time...

Regards,

Stuart

27 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

I don't have anything myself, but the following is from Larry Milberry's excellent Canadair Sabre book:

Beautiful pic there SJ, thought you might come to the rescue.

Just now, Julien said:

Stuart I have that sheet and you are welcome to the Mk2 decals as I dont plan to use. I also have  on a flightdecs sheet a Mk.2 from 413 Sqn, its this sheet here; http://modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/fld7204.htm

Julien

Hi Julien, thanks for the offer but I also have the Model Alliance sheet but after being informed that the sheet might be wrong for the a/c I was interested in, I thought I'd try and prove that it was correct. Sabrejet has posted the pic to confirm, so everything is good.

2 minutes ago, Julien said:

I also have Larry Milberry's book if you want a look. Well worth getting if you can find a copy.

I would very much like to look/ borrow the book until I can get a copy myself...Ipswich Model Show?

Just now, Courageous said:

I would very much like to look/ borrow the book until I can get a copy myself...Ipswich Model Show?

No worries. Will bring it along.

Julien

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Courageous said:

Does anybody have an image of CL-13 Mk2 Sabre, serial 19241, AX-241 to support the Model Alliance decal sheet?

And can anyone tell me what gunsight was fitted this variant of a/c?

Stuart

The Sabre 2 had the A-1C gunsight.

other  Sabre 2 decal sources are the really old Aerodecal sheet, and Arrow Graphics has a sheet but are just as hard to find.

Cheers, Tony

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

The Sabre 2 had the A-1C gunsight.

other  Sabre 2 decal sources are the really old Aerodecal sheet, and Arrow Graphics has a sheet but are just as hard to find.

Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony, cheers for that. The A-1CM gunsight was put forward by Sabrejet also. Do you know when this A-1CM gunsight changed to that depicted in 1/72 Sabre kits?

Stuart

Stuart,

Not quite 421 Squadron, however these F.2 NMF decals don't look too bad?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-72-Aerobatic-Team-Decals-Canadair-Sabre-Mk-2-No-441-SILVER-FOX-Sqn-RCAF-/352070665538?hash=item51f90c0542:g:rdEAAOSwnHZYShcP

Cheers.. Dave.