Wasteland Warrior Bust

Hi Folks,

In among my other work, I decided to do this rather beautifully cast Bust of a Barbarian/Warrior. Only two parts (the body and the shield with sword attached). Supplied from Model Display Products.

WWFrontView2.jpg

This is going to be given to one of my bosses at work (couldn't hurt, eh? ;)) as she is a very talented artist in her spare time with a penchant for Barbarians.

Paints are mainly Acrylics (predominantly Lifecolor and a couple of Tamiya) with metallics by AK Interactive (their tubes of metallic waxes) and some Alclad Pale Gold (brush painted over gloss black acrylic).

Any and all comments  and questions are welcomed.

Here are a selection of views:

WWFrontView.jpg

WWLeftView.jpg

WWBackView.jpg

WWRightView.jpg

WWTopView.jpg

Thanks for Looking

Kev

Edited by modelman182
Added Top View image
  • Like 7

That's rather tasty! :clap: I think you nailed his facial expression with your paint job. :worthy: 

I would only give you two minor hints: have you thought of painting the reflection light into his pupils? (a small dot or two of white paint, for instance)

And the other thing is to reinforce the shadows, but the pictures can be deceiving in that respect; you know better since you can look at it "live", so to say.

Ciao

Thanks giemme and Knikki

I toyed with the idea of putting in static reflections, but decided against it as the eyes are high gloss (not obvious from the photos) and do reflect direct lighting. I do tend not to do much 'reinforcement' of the shadows with 10th scale figures/busts, as they tend to cast shadows well enough. I do use both techniques (where possible) on smaller scales - though I doubt I'll attempt it on the 350th scale Kriegsmarine figures for my Bismarck - hee hee...;)

As for catching the expression, I reckon that's more down to the excellent casting of this bust than my skills - as you can see from the marketing image of the plain resin below:

Wasteland-Warrior-Prod-01-500x500.jpg

Image (c) War Griffon Miniatures

Cheers

Kev

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

truly commendable paint work - I take my hat off to figure / bust modellers - this is an art and skill in its own league

quite fantastic

John

Thank you for the high praise, John

I enjoy a venture into figures now and then, as it's a nice mix of 'puffy pen' and 'hairy stick' - very relaxing. :D

Kev