HS-125 Dominie

For some reason I liked the idea of a Dominie to go wit my 1/48 70s & 80s jets.  Sadly no-one makes a kit so I decided to see if I could scratch build one.  This is how it turned out

dJUhQbF.jpg

IQhwck4.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and ideas on my WIP thread.  She has turned out to be a bit more of a 'model of a model' based on 1/72 build threads for some info.  I am no expert on Dominies, so apologies for any inaccuracies

5Hmno7R.jpg

GvITuy0.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by bar side
replaced photobucket links
  • Like 39

Thank you for your kind comments.  Meant to include a back view as she has been built with flaps down

C1lhxTI.jpg

Edited by bar side
  • Like 1

Just brilliant. Great build, well done.

• Like 1

Looks very nice after a pretty tough build.

one point though - the Dominie didn't have the drop down door of the later 125's but an internal opening door with separate steps.

When I arrived at Northolt  in 84, there were still series 3's on hand which had a similar arrangement, but not from B&Q.

XS727 Royal Air Force Hawker Siddeley HS.125 Dominie T.1

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oggy4624 said:

Looks very nice after a pretty tough build.

one point though - the Dominie didn't have the drop down door of the later 125's but an internal opening door with separate steps.

When I arrived at Northolt  in 84, there were still series 3's on hand which had a similar arrangement, but not from B&Q.

Cheers Oggy - the door is actually only held on with blue tac at the moment so I can remove it and put in some steps.  I think I made the door way a little small and posing it opened inward may be tricky

Rather outstanding result!

Nothing to say bar Congratulations!!!

JR

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woody37 said:

and it never took that long either :)

Surprised myself on the length of time - thought the build would see me through to the autumn!

Thanks for all the kind comments.