Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

23 hours ago, dave665 said:

Nice progress on the rigging. Looks the business.

Thank you kind sir.

23 hours ago, AlexN said:

Keep up the great work, you're nearly there by the looks! Presumably the undercarriage gets a bit of wiring up, too?

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks Alex, As far as the plans go there is no wiring on the UC. Thank heavens.:bounce:

I finished the last ish bit of rigging tonight. About half an hour left to go then it's leather trim, guns and touch ups. Oh hell, props, exhausts and hatch too! :o

hopefully this weekend we'll be done. :hobbyhorse:

Jont

• Like 6

Oi off it's been a long day. Launch party yesterday so I've been nursing a slight hangover while tying up lose ends.:o

it's the start of the Float planes GB today and I really need to get this bird complete so here's what's left to do.

36179372983_6dd8978c4d_b.jpg

Eventually all the rigging got finished, it's probably not 100% but it'll do for my liking. :lol: if I see another bit of string for a while it'll be too soon. 

Here's the tail, I added the rear handles made from fuse wire too. 

36816973322_2711c49a83_b.jpg

Soooo much.

36816977882_6be741d859_b.jpg

The final long bits got added after I noticed them on the plans.

36179372643_eb3e68ffc0_b.jpg

lovely light this morning. I just had to share this one.

36816974002_bcc6fda1e3_b.jpg

The little nav light got added.

36847825511_d250037d51_b.jpg

The Windows got their masks removed.

36152366664_c247bc1d3f_b.jpg

Talking of windows, the kit comes with screens for the pit area but there isn't one in real life so I left them off.:huh:

the tail stand got finished off and I painted the handles. (Not painted in the pic:blush:)

36816973872_90e75e29a2_b.jpg

The guns got painted and dry brushed with Vallejo steel.

36590954880_d058f902ce_b.jpg

the bomb sight got revealed and the gun emplacements added.

36590956070_cbf02f0347_b.jpg

And rear.

36800400426_78cdd4e628_b.jpg

Leather surround painted washed and popped on.

36800400566_2e77f948ba_b.jpg

I love that bit.:yahoo:

The exhausts got a Vallejo Durauminium coat, dry brushed with copper and a Flory wash.

36816973772_cffd14de9a_b.jpg

and added.

36152364364_5ab79a4d81_b.jpg

The props got painted and glossed, the little hatch got finished too.

that needs to dry before a quick wash and added tomorrow.

36816972792_e2a7a0ec33_b.jpg

Then the desk got a good clean ready for the GB. 

36590955120_717397db24_b.jpg

:yahoo:. Looks rather bare like that. It's all back together now so I can hopefully make a start on the Cat. It's late so I'll post in the GB tomorrow. I'll pop a final post and links to the RFI when the pics get taken.

thanks again for popping by and keeping an eye on this old bird.

more tomorrow.

take care y'all.

Johnny.:lol:

• Like 26

Great progress Johnny.

I love the finishes that you've given the propellers and exhausts; very nice :thumbsup2: 

An absolute stunner!

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

These final stages are always a great place to begin breathing again.  Superb job Yianni!

ok...what is 'Flory wash'...?

Thanks. Flory wash is a clay based weather wash, I tend to use these or an oil wash depending on what finish I'm after. Check to post below or some of my other builds so see Flory in action.:penguin:

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Just imagine a string of superlatives of your choosing Johnny as I can't think of any praise original enough to match the quality of your work here.

:worthy:

Thanks El Barony you're too kind. 

8 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Great progress Johnny.

I love the finishes that you've given the propellers and exhausts; very nice :thumbsup2: 

An absolute stunner!

Best regards

TonyT

Thanks TT, much appreciated.

8 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Superb effort; what a transformation!

Thanks. :D

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Absolutely superb Johnny, she's a beauty. Lovely detail, a joy to see. 'Good job' isn't good enough! :)

Thanks Ced. I'm pooped now. :wicked:

25 minutes ago, giemme said:

:wow: Stunning job, top to bottom :worthy::clap:

Another :wow: for the clean workbench, great start for a new modelling adventure :wink::lol:

Ciao

Thanks G. Ain't nothing like a WB clean to start a new kit. 

14 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Absolutely wonderful model Johnny, simply magnificent!

Keith

Thank you sir.

:lol:

• Like 5

Well here we are just under three months and a whole lot of elasticated wrangling we're done. :yahoo:it's been a funny build but I'm happy with the result. I didn't expect the rigging, no body should expect the rigging. :mental:

The fit was something else altogether.

Hopefully this thread will help folk along with their builds if they decide this is the bird for them. Dedicated to the souls we lost along away. "Doctor Who" the chicken and the rather brilliant director. " George A Romero" the paint job "Last days" means something even more. I'd planned on doing the RFI today but it's a bit:rain: so I'll wait until I have better light. I'll finish up then with the last few steps.

@John D.C. Masters asked about Flory washes so here they are in action.

the props now dry got a Flory wash, I applied this time with a brush. Just blast it on.

36855895561_87f80237e3_b.jpg

then let it dry, about 30 mins.

36996250895_acfba0768b_b.jpg

then I used my fingers and a cotton bud to remove what I don't want. Basically I want some darkness in the books and crannies. :emo:

36824587062_2f40ac7870_b.jpg

There we are we are, lovely, and on.

36160339494_3430ca15f2_b.jpg

Here's a few pics before she goes in the case awaiting her RFI.

Thankyou so much to everyone for the help and camaraderie along the way, it's been a pleasure and I hope you lot had fun too.

I have started work in the Float planes Group Build.

maybe you might want to tag along there too? :lol: it would be great to have you along.

Any road, I'm signing off on this now and I'll post a link to the RFI when done.

thank you all once again. It's been a blast.

Take care y'all and as always.

Happy Modelling.

36855868161_1fa3d147f7_b.jpg36599063100_32c6fa5193_b.jpg

Johnny. 

• Like 25

I have to say that has turned out rather well. Like the subject, the damn fine rigging and the excellent finish.  Congratulations sir on a job well done. :clap2: :thumbsup:

Just need to build up my strength to wade through the avalanche on pics that no doubt will adorn the RFI.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Thanks for the info on Flory wash.  I'll be in Athens this week so I'll see of the LMS has some...

I gave up trying to find stockists and just ordered direct from the manufacturer.

They shipped pretty much immediately and I had the goodies in my hands within days of ordering.

http://www.florymodels.co.uk/washes/

• Like 1