Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

4 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I think this is why one builds new cabinets...^_^

Next you'll want an Ilya Muromets...

Not if he's been following my build he won't. I don't think he's quite THAT daft!

Ian

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Howlindawg said:

I hope you've got a big space in that cabinet John, you're going to need it really soon.

Oh I do, I do. ;)

13 hours ago, TheBaron said:

I prefer to replace the kit parts with my own ones before gluing them on the wrong way round - it gives for a more complete experience...:banghead:

I've no doubts you'll bring this to a conclusion in fine style before the GB kicks off - it is looking damn fine sir.

Loving your foil  Koh-i-Noor BTW. Cunning as a slice of Cunning Cake on St. Cunning's Day.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I seem to be hitting humps on the run up to the GB. It knows, it knows.:christmas:

12 hours ago, giemme said:

Looking forward to the rigging, John, but she's already looking terrific! :clap:  :clap:

Ciao

Oh the rigging. How hard can it be? Quite hard I imagine. :blush:

12 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Looks great!  RigRigRigRigRigRigRigRigRigRig!  I can't wait!  I imagine two or three different diameters of rigging lines too...how fun is that?

Thanks, different diameters you say. Eerrrrr no. :christmas:

8 hours ago, Leonl said:

Looking great. 

I don't envy the rigging though....

Thanks. I know your feeling.

8 hours ago, CedB said:

You got the punch set! Lovely, you won't regret it... even if it doesn't get much use you can get it out and feel the quality (fnarr!)

They also do a little tray to catch the pieces which, as I said in Steve's thread, would be perfect if it also acted as a storage for the punches. OK, I'll order one, you talked me into it.

Yes, it's great! Thanks Ced, I'm using it for making shim discs. Bloody shim discs. Love it. :penguin:wait until I get to detailing something. Sorry I didn't mean to force you into a wallet malfunction. Your right though I need somewhere to keep dem punches.

7 hours ago, keefr22 said:

She looks stunning Johnny, really tremendous work! Add me to the list of those looking forward to the rigging...!!

Keith

Thanks, no pressure then.:huh:

5 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I think this is why one builds new cabinets...^_^

Next you'll want an Ilya Muromets...

Yes aaaand ha ha haaa... no. :D

34 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Not if he's been following my build he won't. I don't think he's quite THAT daft!

Ian

Not quite. :lol:

I wonder if any one can see what else I've glued on backwards?

virtual pint to the first correct answer.

Its been a crazy evening. :o

Jont

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

I wonder if any one can see what else I've glued on backwards?

virtual pint to the first correct answer

The axles? That forward stagger of the undercarriage legs doesn't look right

• Like 2

Yes as @Aeronut pointed out while checking out other builds of the hp while looking for rigging tips I noticed that I had glued the blasted axels on the wrong way.:fool: I wondered why everything was swooping forward.:frantic: so I could leave it and hate myself for the rest of time or.

35801727874_bf1f5b2cf2_b.jpg

Burn the heretic, off with her wheels. I've noticed that if you flood a joint with TET you can either loosen said joint or melt the blighted into submission.

I managed to clean up and put right.

36240000330_f050a3423c_b.jpg

:hobbyhorse:that was close. Trust me only two pics but ''twas a struggle for sure. I couldn't have done it without lego jigs and lots of tea.

36589796266_5928d481f3_b.jpg

well here she is again. On her feets. :guitar:

i even managed to get some decals on.

last days codes and everything. 

36498457111_cd18f16a63_b.jpg

Well one one step forward two steps back. I'm planning on fitting the little bits and bobs then glossing and weathering.

thanks for dropping by.

more soon.

Johnny backwards.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 18

17 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Ding ding ding ding! We got a winner! Well done. Virtual pint to you sir.:cheers:

Ah I see the problem now, you're guilty of modelling under the influence of virtual alcohol. Don't sip and glue..... You know it makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For the life of me I've stared at the undercarriage pictures and can't tell what was wrong...

Looking nice tho'

Regards,

Adrian

[edit: nope - still can't!]

[edit: aaaahhh - you had pointy end back, wheels at front, now pointy end forward....]

I do like the pie tin bat wing though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

For the life of me I've stared at the undercarriage pictures and can't tell what was wrong...

Looking nice tho'

Regards,

Adrian

[edit: nope - still can't!]

[edit: aaaahhh - you had pointy end back, wheels at front, now pointy end forward....]

I do like the pie tin bat wing though.

Yup, that's the fella. Btw did you see pic or did you have to click on the link?

i've re embedded now but I'd like to know if they worked previously your end.

john

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Btw did you see pic or did you have to click on the link?

Couldn't see them myself at first, now they are there. Great save! :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1

Never mind the bumps, (or pieces put on back to front), because you have corrected them in time! I really like the jigs - clearly a man after my own heart except that I do not have a Lego set - perhaps I ought to buy some.

The rigging is not as difficult as you may imagine - just time consuming as all rigging is. The tail is the really difficult area which is why I rigged mine as I went along. Compared with pushers this is straightforward.

You are really turning a difficult kit into a gem of a model - the tail markings look great. I would estimate that this will be finished comfortably in time for the Flying Boats GB.

P

• Like 1

Good save Johnny but I now fear even more for the strength of the undercarriage, and looking into my crystal ball, I foresee brass rod in the not too distant future. I may even get off my elbows and fix my HP which is staring accusingly at me as I type these words.

Mystic Martian

Oops! I seem to have ordered another 0/400 kit for that 0/100 conversion I have been promising myself for years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Well done and kudos like the rest for the save...I did that with the floats on my Sopwith baby...whole thing was bassackwards...so I cracked it all off and fixed it.  Happier now. 

The rigging can't be as tough as a Caudron G3...;)

• Like 1

Good save Jont - she's looking great and very steady on her feet :):clap: 

I had a problem with Flickr recently but I think it's sorted now - I spent some time re-inserting the images but then they 'fixed themselves'. I would carry on as usual and look back later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, giemme said:

Couldn't see them myself at first, now they are there. Great save! :thumbsup:

Ciao

Ok cool thanks, glad there working now.

6 hours ago, pheonix said:

Never mind the bumps, (or pieces put on back to front), because you have corrected them in time! I really like the jigs - clearly a man after my own heart except that I do not have a Lego set - perhaps I ought to buy some.

The rigging is not as difficult as you may imagine - just time consuming as all rigging is. The tail is the really difficult area which is why I rigged mine as I went along. Compared with pushers this is straightforward.

You are really turning a difficult kit into a gem of a model - the tail markings look great. I would estimate that this will be finished comfortably in time for the Flying Boats GB.

P

Thankyou that means a lot. I've been toying with the "last days" wording currently. Not quite sure which way to go. Night off tonight. -_-

5 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Was a link I clicked on but now it has embedded pictures...

Ok that sounds about right. Thanks for your help with that. :star:

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Good save Johnny but I now fear even more for the strength of the undercarriage, and looking into my crystal ball, I foresee brass rod in the not too distant future. I may even get off my elbows and fix my HP which is staring accusingly at me as I type these words.

Mystic Martian

Oops! I seem to have ordered another 0/400 kit for that 0/100 conversion I have been promising myself for years.

It does look like that but they are really quite sturdy. Madness I know but it seems ok. Good luck with the new kit, it's making me twitch just thinking about it. :drunk:

4 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Well done and kudos like the rest for the save...I did that with the floats on my Sopwith baby...whole thing was bassackwards...so I cracked it all off and fixed it.  Happier now. 

The rigging can't be as tough as a Caudron G3...;)

Thanks chap. :lol: it's the only way to do it. 

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Good save Jont - she's looking great and very steady on her feet :):clap: 

I had a problem with Flickr recently but I think it's sorted now - I spent some time re-inserting the images but then they 'fixed themselves'. I would carry on as usual and look back later.

Thanks Ced, the feet are ok now, I had a big trouble with wing twist, but fixed it I hope. Night off tonight though.

more Tomorrow. 

Thanks for for your help guys , you're all ace.

johnny

• Like 4

Hello Spad,

Waaaooow ! great save on the wings and wheels !

As usual, very good and tidy job you've done.

Do you rig with EZ lines ?

The HP will be great, and a brilliant addition to your already shiny collection.

Congrats my friend :worthy:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Spad,

Waaaooow ! great save on the wings and wheels !

As usual, very good and tidy job you've done.

Do you rig with EZ lines ?

The HP will be great, and a brilliant addition to your already shiny collection.

Congrats my friend :worthy:

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks C . Yes I'm planning on rigging with ez line. I'm thinking the rigging won't be so bad. I've noticed a few bits that I'm going to have to scratch build. Nothing too awkward. Early start in the morning.

jont

• Like 3

Hello Spad,

To me, yes it should, but it is based on pure guess and a bit of harmony.

As it was intended for a tour and a kind of show, both sides seem logical !

My bet ... However.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Spad,

To me, yes it should, but it is based on pure guess and a bit of harmony.

As it was intended for a tour and a kind of show, both sides seem logical !

My bet ... However.

Sincerely.

CC

6 minutes ago, CedB said:

CC's idea seems sound - both sides?

2 minutes ago, Leonl said:

I'm glad you rescued the axles, you'll feel better for it!

I'd agree both side, even just to ease the OCD monkey!

Ok guys. Thankyou, I'd decided both too so your votes of confidence have helped me there. I'm doing it as we speak, I'll post up later with the results. It's a right pita by the way.:guitar:

johnny masking mojo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1