Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

Thanks guys for all your lovely wishes for my mum. Look at these. "Rainbow meds"

35659569413_80c53f5786_b.jpg

wow! Dems a lot. :shocked:

Not too much done over the past few days but what has been done I thought I'd share.

both engines are sorted.

36330555411_b8c55bd625_b.jpg

@Martian Hale wasn't wrong about the landing gear. Look right. :huh:

35659570173_7958f41db9_b.jpg

that bit I found in the box. Phew. And stuck.

36467636695_c37de71c37_b.jpg

this will be my next task.

before the wheels I saw how good the moulding of the front gunner frame was.

36070799190_8eb19c6bd7_b.jpg

sooo good I nearly cried. :o

I had a go at a metal replacement but it looked a bit bobbins so I tidied and fixed.

36330556251_8c237dfbc1_b.jpg

not bad. :lol:

Ooh by the way I bought some of this for masking canopies after reading this months Airfix mag.

35659570103_4d8da5de80_b.jpg

next build watch out.

all these bits are now ready for a good prime.

36467636725_57a1c343b1_b.jpg

We are headed out with Bob again Friday for a few days so expect more watching than doing.

thanks for popping in.

Johnny

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

More good progress Johnny, you'll have this done in no time! :D

I think I need to get some of those pretty pill boxes - I currently have to take between 13 & 20 pills a day - no wonder  I rattle a lot...!! :lol:

Keith

Edit - meant to say too, I don't know if they've changed the formulation of the parafilm, but I bought some many years back, & at the time if you left it on a canopy for too long after painting it became next to impossible to remove. Just something to be wary of...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

More good progress Johnny, you'll have this done in no time! :D

I think I need to get some of those pretty pill boxes - I currently have to take between 13 & 20 pills a day - no wonder  I rattle a lot...!! :lol:

Keith

Edit - meant to say too, I don't know if they've changed the formulation of the parafilm, but I bought some many years back, & at the time if you left it on a canopy for too long after painting it became next to impossible to remove. Just something to be wary of...

Blimey that's a lot of medication. 

I'll do a dry run on a test canopy and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Johnny

Good tidy up job on the gun frame Johnny :thumbsup: .

The undercarriage looks like it could be interesting  :blink:!

So many pills, both your mum and Keith :frantic: !

Until exactly three years ago, I had been on  between 20 and 32 a day for four years. Those pill boxes are essential to make sure  everything happens when it should. I was down to just one by last November, nine again now, so your picture has given me the idea to get one of those pill boxes again :thumbsup2: 

All the best for you and your mum

TonyT

• Like 2

My oh My1  this is good work Johnny.  Just enjoyed the whole shebang from start to here.  She's fighting - but you're winning :thumbsup:

1 Nb not intended to be a Noddy Holder/Slade reference :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm impressed by your work on the HP Spad !

Congratulations again ! :partytime:

The cork as a eleventh finger !! pretty good idea !

Alas today we no longer have the good lead seal, (I mean good for modelling, not on health issues)

and the plastic seal are rubbish, I think that it is more a matter of finanacial cost since great wine still have lead seal !

SWMBO will not believe me if I buy a 30 bucks plus bottle of wine only for modelling :bristow:

Very tidy job Spad !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Those engines look super-impressive, especially given what you started with! I also loke the cork as a support - clearly a man who operates in the same improvisory way as I do!

Great build progressing very well, and rapidly too.

P

• Like 1

Must say that I'm enjoying this build. Nice progress on the olive paint and tidy up of the engines. Looking forward to see how you tackle the undercarriage. Looks a tad fragile. Metal replacement perhaps?

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words. I got a little bit of time while everyone was resting after the journey back today. Hell there's a lot of prep on these kits. The wheel struts are not only fragile but nigh on impossible to fit like how the instructions lay out. The side struts and the triangular wheel brace are meant to go together in one go. I would advise against this as there are just too many things to keep straight. So using the wing itself as a jig. (Running Theme going on here :D) I glued the two halves together, easier said than done.

35715739134_522d1ed7c9_b.jpg

I'd broken off one of the rear struts again so re fitting that at the same time was a bit of a pain.

I fitted the wheel brace after every thing had dried and a tidy up had happened.

35741347463_73db2a9462_b.jpg

that worked quite well. :penguin:

the tyres got a flat bit sanded. Shoved em all on a coffee stirrer to make everything even.

36504308066_4a17cabaa7_b.jpg

I have run out of clips so I primed this lot in readyment for green.

35715739184_46afdde114_b.jpg

I'm leaving it there as tiredness is winning.

I'll try and hit it again tomorrow. I'm looking after the kids during half term (every Monday) so hopefully paint and construction before they get up.

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for all the great encouragement.

Happy Modelling you lot.

Johnny.:lol:

• Like 12

You know the score Jonty

take more time, give YOU more time and before we/you know it the beastie will be sitting in her glorious glory

Looking glorious

relaxxx

Edited by perdu
  • Like 2

Nice steady progress in bringing this together Johnny :thumbsup2: 

The underside shots show off the excellent paint finish really well.

Happy Monday :)

TonyT

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Nice and steady John, looking good .

Simon.

Thank you sir.:D

16 hours ago, keefr22 said:

You certainly seem to have got the better of the old clunker John, some really good work getting it to look this good already!

Keith

Thanks, she sure is a bit of a pain. I need a build that fits next.:shocked:

16 hours ago, perdu said:

You know the score Jonny

take more time, give YOU more time and before we/you know it the beastie will be sitting in her glorious glory

Looking glorious

relaxxx

Oh I do hope so. 

13 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Nice steady progress in bringing this together Johnny :thumbsup2: 

The underside shots show off the excellent paint finish really well.

Happy Monday :)

TonyT

Cheers me dear. :penguin:

10 hours ago, CedB said:

Crikey Johnny, those are complicated undercart bits - well done for sorting them out :) 

Oh you ain't seen nothin' yet.

and thanks.

8 hours ago, Leonl said:

Meticulous work, looking great. 

Thanks.

8 hours ago, giemme said:

I agree with all the above, Johnny :clap::clap:

Ciao

Why thank you.

6 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

If you can, I would replace the axels with brass rod.

Martian

Should.......maybe....... have......read......this......sooner.:huh: 

Fingers crossed she's strong enough.

Johnny.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well it's been a lazy Monday, I have every Monday off during the school holls to watch the kids and today has been great. The kids have looked after themselves and I've been hittin the old O/400 like a good un.

first up a word to the wise. Never, NEVER use mini bulldog clips to hold small parts. I held one of the top struts with one as I was running out of crocodile clips. PING! Gone.:o I searched everywhere and nothing. :worry:

until wait, there look.

36428371221_56c245579a_b.jpg

see it? What do you mean no. Look harder.

36428364961_8f1e99dd11_b.jpg

how it got behind there I don't know but needless to say Mr Bulldog clip is now in the bin.:phew:

so any way back to it, all the bits from last night got a pre shade.

36520165496_8a34d49ec1_b.jpg

Then a green coat.

35731623004_663e303fa2_b.jpg

The new bits will need a gloss coat so I'm going to assemble and do some sticking as I want to get this bird together before weathering. So I began with the UC cRaZyNeSs.

35757150953_251e1497df_b.jpg

none of the bits really fit so I had to make a little jig from Cocktail sticks. Reading @Martian Hale s post just now I'm thinking he might be right, alas I'm in now so I'm running with it.

while those dried I went all decals.

36520159706_345dd7b75c_b.jpg

micro sol to the rescue, not bad at all, I need to make masks for the last days but I can't do anything without another gloss top coat, so onward and upward.

I fitted the little tanks to the UC baskets, easier said than done.:waiting: after a bit of paint touch up here and there we have not a bad looking set of wheels.

36428370421_b780680ac5_b.jpg

and dry fitted I'm rather happy, just hope they take the weight.

36520159046_db9c6914af_b.jpg

I'm going to leave it here as I have the dentist in about 30 mins. More has been done and hopefully some more tonight. Update bound in a few hours.

See y'all in a bit.

Johnny boy.:bounce:

• Like 14