Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

25 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

when I manage to secrete them (yes them) into the house without someone noticing. (Yes it's like that) :blink:

That brings back bad memories of my kit-hoovering days. I didn't just collect, I binged, to use a word in current currency. And the the attendent smuggling. Boy, was there a set-to when Dr Mrs Alex found out... :fight:. Rather one-sided, of course, beacause I was already suffering acute pangs o' guilt. Compulsion will do that to one...

Excellent work on the motor, Johnny. I thought that there was something wrong with my eyesight when I saw the untreated grill. Ouch! No wonder Our Favourite Martian wrapped his sinuous tentacles around it and made a new one!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AlexN said:

That brings back bad memories of my kit-hoovering days. I didn't just collect, I binged, to use a word in current currency. And the the attendent smuggling. Boy, was there a set-to when Dr Mrs Alex found out... :fight:. Rather one-sided, of course, beacause I was already suffering acute pangs o' guilt. Compulsion will do that to one...

Excellent work on the motor, Johnny. I thought that there was something wrong with my eyesight when I saw the untreated grill. Ouch! No wonder Our Favourite Martian wrapped his sinuous tentacles around it and made a new one!

I try not to buy too many but the bargain table at the LMS and holiday internet purchases catch me out every time.:drunk:

Glad you like the engines. Can't wait to Green em up.

6 minutes ago, perdu said:

kippo buono Jonny

We'll just sit here admiring the wings and injins whilst you get some well earned...

b

Why thankyou sir. :sleeping:

:lol:

• Like 3

Great stuff Johnny and, of course, I entirely approve of the 'accidental weathering'...

That engine (with rimming, whatever that is :wicked: ) and tail are looking really smart - I do admire your paint effects, must try harder. :) 

• Like 3

Super good! You'ld never know what a crock those engines were to start with. My eyes are still seeing things :hypnotised:. Rib tape simulation very good indeed. Hope you enjoyed yer well-earned cuppa, mate :).

Naughty Mr Ced and his DEs. Fnaar, fnaar, wot?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AlexN said:

Luckily Mrs Martian never complains about the ever increasing stash. I guess she thinks there is no point in trying to fight nature and she knew I was a modeller before she married me.

Martian, very lucky to have such a tolerant Mrs Martian.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am just catching up with this - you are doing an incredible job on improving it. I was lucky that I had an earlier moulding and the parts fitted better (but still had the ineveitable gaps and poor joints) but at least the fronts of the engines were considerably better than yours!

The parts sticking out of the rear of the tail were actually handle grips for ground crew and were probably metal. I replaced mine with thin wire - if you look in the DtatFile you will see them in both drawings and (as I remember) photos.

Keep up the excellent improvements - I see that you have decided to fix the lower wing first and not follow the kit instructions - a VERY wise move!

P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pheonix said:

The parts sticking out of the rear of the tail were actually handle grips for ground crew and were probably metal. I replaced mine with thin wire

I'm not really seeing clearly what this is, but I know the Short 184s had sticky out tubes to the rear fuselage, which supported the wings in the folded position by engaging with a strut.

The HP wings folded outboard of the engines however, so does that leave them too far away from the fuselage sides for this to be the case here? Probably does....

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 11:25 PM, CedB said:

Great stuff Johnny and, of course, I entirely approve of the 'accidental weathering'...

That engine (with rimming, whatever that is :wicked: ) and tail are looking really smart - I do admire your paint effects, must try harder. :) 

Thanks Ced. Don't worry your painting skills are just fine. :)

On 02/08/2017 at 4:17 AM, AlexN said:

Super good! You'ld never know what a crock those engines were to start with. My eyes are still seeing things :hypnotised:. Rib tape simulation very good indeed. Hope you enjoyed yer well-earned cuppa, mate :).

Naughty Mr Ced and his DEs. Fnaar, fnaar, wot?

Thanks Alex. Yes nice and hot. :D

On 02/08/2017 at 0:40 PM, Martian Hale said:

Luckily Mrs Martian never complains about the ever increasing stash. I guess she thinks there is no point in trying to fight nature and she knew I was a modeller before she married me.

Martian, very lucky to have such a tolerant Mrs Martian.

Mrs Spadgent used to be tolerant but I think the more I bought. (not that many compared to some I've seen) the less tolerant she became.

I had another parcel arrive today, I vaguely remember a wine filed purchace while on holiday. I wonder what it was?:oops:

21 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Your smartening this beast up no end Johnny. Ekswizit paint-working as usual.:thumbsup2:

Tar muchly.

19 hours ago, pheonix said:

I am just catching up with this - you are doing an incredible job on improving it. I was lucky that I had an earlier moulding and the parts fitted better (but still had the ineveitable gaps and poor joints) but at least the fronts of the engines were considerably better than yours!

The parts sticking out of the rear of the tail were actually handle grips for ground crew and were probably metal. I replaced mine with thin wire - if you look in the DtatFile you will see them in both drawings and (as I remember) photos.

Keep up the excellent improvements - I see that you have decided to fix the lower wing first and not follow the kit instructions - a VERY wise move!

P

Looks like you're right, Airfix must have got it a bit wrong. I'll pop off the horns and replace with wire. Thanks for the help. :winkgrin:

36308329216_5d39614ce8_b.jpg
19 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Great work John , taming the beast bit by bit.

The paintwork looks excellent.

Simon.

Thanks Si

16 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

I'm not really seeing clearly what this is, but I know the Short 184s had sticky out tubes to the rear fuselage, which supported the wings in the folded position by engaging with a strut.

The HP wings folded outboard of the engines however, so does that leave them too far away from the fuselage sides for this to be the case here? Probably does....

I think it is the handling hoop things I think Airfix possibly took the technical drawings a bit too literally.

no horns here.

36184257142_81025d21c5_b.jpg

Thanks for your help though Rob.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sorry guys for the lack of activity, my old dear has been hurried along the waiting list at the hospital and got her new heart valve yesterday. I've been busy hospital running so no real time for anything more I'm afraid. The op went well but she's still in intensive care, open heart is a big thing. (No sh*t dad) :shocked: honestly parents. :emo:

Anyhoo, I'll be floating around the forum and maybe back in a few days with some progress.

Johnny boy.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

We'll all be rooting for her, concentrate on that for a while

We'll still be here (I'm sure) when you can get back to the bench

:waiting:

+1, absolutely.

Ciao

• Like 1

Ahh thanks guys. :heart: tonight's visit saw her out of the critical unit a whole day early.     A little bit zonked but all in all looking good considering.  Btw, I opened the mystery package. It's 1/32 and there's loads of it for what I payed. :analintruder:

Take me care and Happy Modelling guys.

Johnny

• Like 7

That's great news about your mom, you must be feeling very relieved

If you are up to thinking about modeling a bit

That picture above

Shows an 0/400 piled on her schnozz

Poster says no sticky out bits here as if it proves something

Maybe not having sticky out bits was why she piled in

Just saying. 👅

Have a good kip and remember to tell mom she has us rooting for her, tomorrow

• Like 1