Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

And here was me thinking that they were actual rib tapes (a real thing, not just me inventing it). I should have guessed, but then, the penny is always the last to drop with me, sadly.

Looking great, Johnny, I admire your love of paint. I hate the stuff now.

A.

• Like 1

Welcome back Johnny :).

Don't listen to them; they fed chili to my poor Percy, gave him terrible wind, then blamed him for everything :(.

He really looked after things; he was on the door for a while and turned those chaps away that were wearing dried oatmeal gourds.

The model is coming along really well. The rib tapes look very good. I've tried this and getting them to line up like that is not easy. For me anyway. On a model this size it must have taken hours :waiting:.

The dark pre-shading is very interesting; with just one layer of drab on, I like the effect. Perhaps not too many top coats?

Rigging strategy :hmmm: ? There's a lot of rigging here. 

Great stuff

TonyT

• Like 1

23 hours ago, giemme said:

Pre-shading and ribs effect looking very interesting :clap: :Tasty: 

Ciao

Thanks G

23 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Yes they do but do they come with barbecue sauce as well.

Nice work John :yes:

Simon.

Maybe. :christmas:

23 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Looking forward to seeing the paint going on!

Martian

Me too but I've run out of drab, I'll get more tomorrow.:o

22 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Me too, Nice job Spad !

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks cc

14 hours ago, CedB said:

Very nice Johnny, that Olive Drab test looks great :) 

That masking... patience of Job you have.

Thanks Ced

13 hours ago, AlexN said:

And here was me thinking that they were actual rib tapes (a real thing, not just me inventing it). I should have guessed, but then, the penny is always the last to drop with me, sadly.

Looking great, Johnny, I admire your love of paint. I hate the stuff now.

A.

Thanks Alex, yes I'll take tat all off and the top coat should leave the effect. Fingers crossed.

8 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Don't listen to them; they fed chili to my poor Percy, gave him terrible wind, then blamed him for everything :(.

He really looked after things; he was on the door for a while and turned those chaps away that were wearing dried oatmeal gourds.

The model is coming along really well. The rib tapes look very good. I've tried this and getting them to line up like that is not easy. For me anyway. On a model this size it must have taken hours :waiting:.

The dark pre-shading is very interesting; with just one layer of drab on, I like the effect. Perhaps not too many top coats?

Great stuff

TonyT

Thank Percy for me, a valliant effort. 

Yes it took me a good hour or two, hopefully worth it. Only one top coat, probably.

as for rigging I'm using EZ line and dabbed super glue. Hope it works.:blink:

btw I can't like anything anymore so consider all of your posts liked. I know someone mentioned turning the default to old or something but I can't find where to change that on my phone. Any help would be much appreciated.

Johnny

• Like 4

Ok I ran out of "not old" olive drab so pressing on I decided to have a go at the engines.

look at the crisp molding.

35461374034_4e755069b3_b.jpg

:rage: See how well they glide together.

36162882481_1096298483_b.jpg

hardly a seam.

36254075986_05f6ecf3fa_b.jpg

a joy for sure, a real pleasure. :blink: oh come on it's not that bad, is it?

Any way onward and upward. I cleaned the vent thing as best I could.

35489810113_d7ff7212d7_b.jpg

and sanded the joins.

36162883471_beec2e3ae3_b.jpg

better, apart from unnoticed on a close up photo ther the back sections look welded or at least joined in some proud fashion so I decided to add a rim using cut plasticard.

36162883411_7451fe0c47_b.jpg

and glued it around. With a bit of primer it's not too far away.

36295167455_b584bfd02e_b.jpg

as you can see i fluffed up the front scribing so  Mr S to the rescue and I'll leave that to dry.

Just the other one to do now.  

Thanks for dropping by chaps.

Back at work tomorrow so no doubt slower updates but at least I'll get some paint from town. :penguin:

Happy Modelling guys.

Johnny

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Looks like I'm messing up a bit ...

Johnny, bottom of the page, right under the "socials" icons, there's a dropdown menu called Theme. Click on it and select "default" (as opposed to "New britmodeller")

Ciao

Edited by giemme
Been messing up
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/06/2017 at 03:37, Beardie said:

and taking notes in readiness for the HpH 1/32 HP o/400 coming out :thumbsup:

Dude, I think you should make a start on building an appropriate house extension in readiness for this project.

Johnny's 1/72 looks to be of ample proportions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, giemme said:

bottom of the page, right under the "socials" icons, there's a dropdown menu called Theme. Click on it and select "default" (as opposed to "New britmodeller")

Wow...who even KNEW that?!?!

Gimme is some kinda boffin!

🌟🌟🌟

Hmmm... wondering what all those other things are, now. What if I just click on thi.....

Edited by rob Lyttle
another idea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, giemme said:

Looks like I'm messing up a bit ...

Johnny, bottom of the page, right under the "socials" icons, there's a dropdown menu called Theme. Click on it and select "default" (as opposed to "New britmodeller")

Ciao

Brilliant, you're a star! :tooth:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good work on the engine fronts. Yours seem to be better moulded than mine were. I ended up dumping the kit parts and scratching new ones.

Martian

• Like 1

Very nice work on the engines Johnny, they're looking very realistic under your deft fingers :) 

I hope you've sorted the 'theme'. It's also messed up your signature which is now taking up more space... can I suggest an edit and using a link rather than just pasting the 'share'?

Just 'share the post' (as you did before) then, instead of just pasting into the signature click the 'Link' icon (little chain, 8th in the bar), paste the link and enter your display text. Then you'll get this: My Builds and RFIs

Simples! HTH :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CedB said:

Very nice work on the engines Johnny, they're looking very realistic under your deft fingers :) 

I hope you've sorted the 'theme'. It's also messed up your signature which is now taking up more space... can I suggest an edit and using a link rather than just pasting the 'share'?

Just 'share the post' (as you did before) then, instead of just pasting into the signature click the 'Link' icon (little chain, 8th in the bar), paste the link and enter your display text. Then you'll get this: My Builds and RFIs

Simples! HTH :) 

Oh cr*p ok I'll sort it now. I can't see it on my phone.  Thanks Ced 

ok all done. Did that work?

sorry guys. :blush:

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 1

Do you think anyone at the factory ever expected it to look that good

Now is that at the engine manufactures factory or at Airfix? I don't think Airfix should ever have expected to come out looking that good.

See how well they glide together.

LoLs :drunk:

• Like 2

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 13:52, TonyTiger66 said:

Great stuff

TonyT

Whaaaat ??

Percy used to like chilli, we made that Puffin famous, he was about to be the Chuck Yeager among the Puffins ! :P

Very nice engines Spad, unexpected from that kit !:clap2:

Two more evening work day, and I'm back at the game.

Take care of you and have a nice modelling day

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the positive comments and hopefully thanks to Ced I'm not filling everyone's screen with a chunky singnature from hell. :fish:I did visit the city today on my dinner break for paint and came back with a little more, but I'll let you know what I snaffled off the bargain table when I manage to secrete them (yes them) into the house without someone noticing. (Yes it's like that) :blink:

I managed a little more tonight, the front of the engine got fixed. Decided to rim it as it looked better. (Steady Buffers) 

36151781592_8e32e0d102_b.jpg

I also added the little radiator cap.

the exhausts got tidied and holes drilled, above is a dry fit.

35924526070_a96444c3d5_b.jpg

Not too bad, looking at the ref there were lots of different variants to the engine parts so I'm running with what's here.:tooth:the dust bits that I noticed on the pic at the front came off after the fact. I had a bit of a panic when I did the second engine, primed it but for some reason all the primer went dusty or stipply some how, maybe I didn't shake the tin enough? Ten frantic minutes later with Mr thinner and we were back to square one. I really shook the can and pop! Done. Who knows? At least it's done. I'd planned on working on the engine struts but all that flash scared me off so just before calling it a night I tested the paint.

36151781852_b8d4eb950e_b.jpg

Masking off and some Ced tm accidental weathering. :christmas:

I mixed up some olive drab and khaki. 4:1 with a 2.5 extra thinner chaser.

and then topped off with a (4:1):3 with deck tan and 5 drops of extra thinner. To lighten the whole shebang.

36184260811_881f2c7912_b.jpg

Im really quite happy with that.:christmas:here's the top.

36276825936_a9253de3b5_b.jpg

glossed and weatherd I think she's going to look alreet! :penguin: 

I'm a mite tired now so I'm off for a cuppa and then up those wooden hills.

Thanks for dropping by. I'm beginning to see a glimmer of light you know.:giles:

Hope you are all having a lovely evening.

Johnny by gas light. X

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1