Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

This is looking bloody fantastic! I have this kit in my stash, and it's been staring at me for years while I've been waiting for someone like yourself to do a bang-up job in the WIP section. Now I'll have great references when I get around to building mine, and I can steal borrow all your techniques. I've never had much luck with the Flory washes, but then I've never even thought of airbrushing them. Well, I'll have to give that a try!  :) 

One thing, though - I think Airfix got the name of this aircraft wrong on the box and in the instructions. If I'm not mistaken, and I certainly could be, Handley Page designated this design as the "Type O" - that's the letter O and not the number 0. There were two versions, the O/100 and the O/400. Airfix have this model as the 0/400, with the number 0 instead of the letter O. When Handley Page later switched to a numerical nomenclature, the O/100 became the H.P.11 and the O/400 became the H.P.12. 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

17 hours ago, giemme said:

Those interiors look stunning! :clap::clap:

What's the scratch built part for, if I may ask?

Ciao

It's hopefully going to be a comfy padded seat for the driver guy. Fingers crossed.:winkgrin:

17 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

This is looking bloody fantastic! I have this kit in my stash, and it's been staring at me for years while I've been waiting for someone like yourself to do a bang-up job in the WIP section. Now I'll have great references when I get around to building mine, and I can steal borrow all your techniques. I've never had much luck with the Flory washes, but then I've never even thought of airbrushing them. Well, I'll have to give that a try!  :) 

One thing, though - I think Airfix got the name of this aircraft wrong on the box and in the instructions. If I'm not mistaken, and I certainly could be, Handley Page designated this design as the "Type O" - that's the letter O and not the number 0. There were two versions, the O/100 and the O/400. Airfix have this model as the 0/400, with the number 0 instead of the letter O. When Handley Page later switched to a numerical nomenclature, the O/100 became the H.P.11 and the O/400 became the H.P.12. 

Cheers,

Bill

No probs Bill. Glad this build might be helpful. Thanks for the helpful info too. I should really read all of the data files instead of just looking at the pictures. :winkgrin:

3 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Nice work as always John. Never thought about spaying my Flory washes, thanks for the tip.

No probs. It's deffo the way. :lol:

14 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

Very nice work on the interior, some very effective techniques there.

Thanks, I can't wait to get the Matt coat on.

14 hours ago, rob85 said:

That's some fine interior work johnny, she's looking great! 

Rob

Why thankyou sir. :lol:

thanks for all the lovely comments guys.

everyone is still asleep so maybe.....:wicked:

• Like 3

Very nice Johnny... you sanded the windows? Inside? Now that's started something...

Looking very smart, great stuff :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CedB said:

Very nice Johnny... you sanded the windows? Inside? Now that's started something...

Looking very smart, great stuff :) 

Yup. Sanded em good. :winkgrin:

9 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Very nice job, still inspiring.

Sincerely.

corsaircorp

Thanks. :lol:

• Like 2

Lovely painterly qualities you're pulling out there Johnny.

I saw this dusty old bird in a Weymouth bookshop last week and thought of you:

2017-07-10_07-54-20

Keep up the splendid work!

Tony

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Lovely painterly qualities you're pulling out there Johnny.

I saw this dusty old bird in a Weymouth bookshop last week and thought of you:

2017-07-10_07-54-20

Keep up the splendid work!

Tony

Thanks Tony. Bless you, that's a great pic.:winkgrin:

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Is it just me, or does that have a Minion sitting in the left hand seat?

Banana!

34 minutes ago, Leonl said:

Great work Johnny... Brilliant idea with Flory wash...... looks great.

Really enjoyed catching up on this one..... 

Thanks, glad you like her. :lol:

• Like 2

Evening guys. I don't know what's happening, a proper dry spell then sudden flurries of activity. Brilliant.^_^

A little more done yesterday.

The milliput seat pat got cut to size and added.

35780597826_d80fa25f31_b.jpg

then painted, dry brushed and belts added.

some Eduard RAF ones I had kicking about.

35011170563_74e01c6196_b.jpg

Im more happy with that compared to the plain original.

Next in line was a missing set of dials from the front pod.

35688824211_7363d14665_b.jpg

I decided to scratch one from plasticard and nick some dials from an old decal sheet. I'm not going for 100% accuracy as I'm going to miss off some of the nobs and switches too but I'm ok with that.

heres the beginning.

35821125205_bdc18a7e1d_b.jpg

and from the side with the mounting pip.

35821125245_189a5879b0_b.jpg

And painted up with two plasticard mounts and decals.

35011172403_4a229767f4_b.jpg

I know they're slightly bigger than the real thing but I'm running with it. :lalala:

Here is the IP with the decal added, it looks ok, not awesome but good enough to sit under the big leather rim of the pit.

35651857842_ef2f7d302f_b.jpg

All the little bits got painted and I'm beginning construction. The rear gunner seat got built and I decided to rig it.:)

35011170593_2a0f9689f5_b.jpg

se the EZ line.  I pinned it up but the seat started pulling up so out with the old tamiya tape.

34980855054_3df39aaa18_b.jpg

I'll let that dry for a bit.

I popped the front floor on and started sticking like a mad sticky thing.

35651860272_f8fd8ecc35_b.jpg

I put in the little spy hole glass part and fitted the gunner area and popped on the wires across the windows.

35656479152_e23c162325_b.jpg

Then the rear floor area.

35785338096_e07a7bd9bd_b.jpg

I'm super happy with that. All left and having a good dry. I didn't get chance tonight as we took the kids to see Spider-Man. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Thanks for dropping by, take care and as always Happy Modelling you lot. :yahoo:

Johnny boy.

• Like 22

The interior looks superb Johnny, it's almost a shame to close it up.

I really like the wood effects :thumbsup2: 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2

Hello spad,

I really enjoy the building, I agree with Tony, Trying the first see through 0/400 ??

Hooops, you came back from Spider Man, not Super Man:winkgrin:

Very nice detailling. Congrats

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

This is brilliant.  I can exclusively reveal that my build of the same kit 50-odd years ago looked nothing whatsoever like this.

[It has just occurred to me that when I (ahem) "built" this in the late-60s I was as close to the real aircraft as we now are to my young self.  That is truly depressing...]

• Like 3