Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

Thanks to everyone for the kind support over the past few weeks, it's been greatly appreciated. I've re instated some of my threads but this will be an ongoing process for a while.

Anyway enough of that! We has some bench time.:yahoo: not a lot but some.

I figured the internal cloth would be kind of dirty white as all pics are BW but look that way do I pre shaded in a lighter brown.

35355302010_858826e9b3_b.jpg

then using a Tamiya mix of deck tan and white we arrived here.

35702633436_7eb43bfdbd_b.jpg

looks wonderful to me not because it's particularly good but because it's a model, and I'm painting it. :christmas:feels like it's been an age.

Any road the wooden parts got a coat with a hairy friend.

35702633446_6a43268d81_b.jpg

im going to add some grain to the front and back black

up the ammo in the pouches then gloss coat ready for the first dark wash.

before that I dry fitted the fuel tanks.

34933586463_b2cb4b934f_b.jpg

all looking good. As I said not much but it's great to be back at it. Thank you so much for sticking with me and popping in to have a little look. Going through all my old pics and popping them on Flickr has really lit my Modelling fire again. Looking forward to more of this beauty.

Take care guys and as always, happy modelling.

Johnny's back!B)

• Like 21

57 minutes ago, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

Welcome back johnny😎

Why thank ya. ;)

31 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Hooray!! :yahoo:

Nice painting !!

Keith

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Tomoshenko said:

Photopukebucket free and a tasty looking interior. Welcome back.

Thanks Tomo.

The interior colours of these machines is a subject of some discussio. I think that your choice is very good and you have painted everything very well. Good to see progress being made on it. There are plenty more tricky areas to come though - but I'll bet you will get through them with flying colours too.

P

• Like 1

He is back ! And things will change for the 0/400 !!! (very Eastwood voice)

Nice to see you again Spad !

Nice painting, I'll look closely for my own fabric planes, you did great, nice effect !

Don't you worry, there will be a restart for the P-38 duo, I'm currently playing Roc... No, stop that joke !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Glad to see you've made a swift recovery from PB's farcical move...

And I must say you've shown so far that this kit can be scrubbed up to look really nice. I am really looking forward to seeing you tackle the rest of this.

matt

• Like 1

On 05/07/2017 at 11:18 PM, giemme said:

It was about time! :whistle::D

Nice re-start with the interiors, Johnny! :clap:

Ciao

Thanks!

On 05/07/2017 at 11:20 PM, CedB said:

Very nice effect on the internals Johnny - good to have you back! :) 

Thanks, nice to be back.

11 hours ago, pheonix said:

The interior colours of these machines is a subject of some discussio. I think that your choice is very good and you have painted everything very well. Good to see progress being made on it. There are plenty more tricky areas to come though - but I'll bet you will get through them with flying colours too.

P

Thanks. I'm hoping I am being quite sympathetic to the insides. The windsock books have been a great help. Looking forward to whatever this has got planned for me. ;)

9 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

He is back ! And things will change for the 0/400 !!! (very Eastwood voice)

Nice to see you again Spad !

Nice painting, I'll look closely for my own fabric planes, you did great, nice effect !

Don't you worry, there will be a restart for the P-38 duo, I'm currently playing Roc... No, stop that joke !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Good luck with the Roc, I'll pop over and see what you've been up too. Nice playing catch up.:clap2:

8 hours ago, bbudde said:

Looks very good. Like it very much. Cheers

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mattlow said:

Glad to see you've made a swift recovery from PB's farcical move...

And I must say you've shown so far that this kit can be scrubbed up to look really nice. I am really looking forward to seeing you tackle the rest of this.

matt

Not quite out of the PB nightmare yet but getting there, one. Thread. At. A....time. :o

• Like 5

Hey guys. Must be worth a cheeky post.

I got a little bench time in between life things and this happened. :lol:

35742727146_4949985b43_b.jpg

I roughly painted in some ply wood effect basing locations on the Ws book, painted the ammo in the pockets and glossed ready for weathering. 

35742727226_3fca6f63c8_b.jpg

I did this last night, I popped another coat on when I got back from work expecting to have to wait for it to dry but it's so hot it only took an hour and I could add some Flory action.:penguin: 

One think I can thank Photo Bottom for is the opportunity for me to trawl my old builds, how I forgot that airbrushing Flory was the way to use it I know not. Sooooooo.

34943188764_137eaf1e79_b.jpg

This method is a 100 times better than brushing. You can just catch a glimpse of  the fuselage in the background. The wooden door turned out nice too.:lol: (Drying for 20 mins) then using a sponge block I got with some Brassin parts I went at it.

34973183023_5daaa0fbff_b.jpg

look dad no bubbles. Right MUST REMEMBER Airbrush Flory, Airbrush Flory.:heart:

Here is one internal side.

35395218250_f5626c6f51_b.jpg

I'm a bit weary and yearning for a G'n'T so the rest can wait. I've cleaned up now and apart from the one dodgy bit of wire work. ( if you don't say anything I won't) it looks pretty good. I'm planning on a lemonade drinker start tomorrow so possible update alert.

have fun Modelling this weekend guys if you manage it if not just have fun.:lol:

Thanks for dropping by.

Johnny.:cowboy:

• Like 18

Looks great john. Great to see you modelling again .  

Quick question if I may. Airbrushing flory. Do you just pour in your airbrush from the bottle and spray? Or is there more to it than that? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Antb said:

Looks great john. Great to see you modelling again .  

Quick question if I may. Airbrushing flory. Do you just pour in your airbrush from the bottle and spray? Or is there more to it than that? 

Thanks. It's nice to be back. 

You have it down, nothing special. I mix up the pot with a coffee stirrer or such like to get everything together then pour it into the cup and away you go. You gab go super wet with it but I kept it like a mist and it worked really well.

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Thanks. It's nice to be back. 

You have it down, nothing special. I mix up the pot with a coffee stirrer or such like to get everything together then pour it into the cup and away you go. You gab go super wet with it but I kept it like a mist and it worked really well.

Thanks john. Brushing the stuff is a nightmare with the bubbles so it's good to see how it goes on through an airbrush. 

SWMBO dropped out a day or so ago if I'm good I could get an airbrush for my birthday in September so heres hoping

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Antb said:

Thanks john. Brushing the stuff is a nightmare with the bubbles so it's good to see how it goes on through an airbrush. 

SWMBO dropped out a day or so ago if I'm good I could get an airbrush for my birthday in September so heres hoping

I know, those bubbles! I only remembered Airbrushing after reading my FW190 build. I can't remember why I ever brushed the stuff? Fingers crossed for your birthday. :party:

jont

• Like 1

Nice plywood effect Johnny. Interesting technique with the flory. Never used them myself, although in principle it should work the same for any well thinned wash. Oh yeh, one good tip deserves another, it's good to keep a supply of sliced lemons or limes in the freezer for dropping in the G n T.

• Like 5

Morning! 

As promised the secret lemonade happened and I got a crafty hour or two this morning. BBQ this afternoon so you know what that means. :penguin:

:drink::eat:

So before I vanish into the hazy sun I'll leave you with some progress.

first off all the bits got a second coat of black. I still need to do the comfy seat then I can gloss.

34981730713_0460f06ac5_b.jpg

All the Flory got knocked back and I took this in this mornings lovely sun light.

35791874135_075546d2e6_b.jpg

really happy with that. B) now where did I put the windows?

aaah there they are.

35622416432_c37cdde7ee_b.jpg

now for some reason I thought this was acceptable and glued them like this. :mental: then thought about it for a minute or two, checked references and pinged them out again.

I sanded the rims away and we're left with the much better.

35403408750_396d12fc70_b.jpg

i like the wobbly glass too. I'll also add the missing wire part.

I needed to mix up some milliput for a scratch part.

Thanks to @CedB I mixed like this.

34951404654_979786e6ce_b.jpg

then made this.

35622416352_9cf29bd679_b.jpg

answers on a postcard please. :winkgrin:

hope you all have a lovely afternoon. 

Thanks for popping in.

Happy Modelling.

Johnny beer keg

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 15

Well that was weird. I posted that this morning but I just checked and it had vanished. I just sat down to write it all again and PING! It restored in my wrighty box thing. :penguin: 

right, enjoy and I'm off for a GnT thanks G lemon and lime in the freezer. B)

J

• Like 4