Gorbygould's small slice of BoB – WARNING - Rivet-counters are requested to sit down and brace themselves before viewing.

Gordy...

:yikes:   That is ONE EXCEPTIONALLY SUPERB Diorama.

It's full of action and domesticity too and detailing is exacting that one feels one is there inside the Diorama.

BRILLIANTLY set out and in MY humblest opinion well thought out and created..

tells a story and I loved it..:speak_cool:

AWESOME  build Sir....

Perfection in MY humble opinion. 

:heart::wub::yikes::mike::mike:

Edited by HOUSTON
  • Like 1

Just when I think about putting one of mine into RFI, an amazing build like this appears. My cap is doffed sir........ as I skulk off back to the man cave muttering and harrumphing.

• Like 1

Superb workmanship: really evocative.  Okay, so the grass looks as if it has been mowed recently but it's far from a bowling green: you've got the varying colours of different types of grass and bunged in a daisy or two.  Nitpicker's corner: I'm a bit concerned by that unmade bed (Can't let standards slip, old boy!) and I wouldn't have been too happy having that bowser just a few yards from my snoozing shack at the mercy of a burst from any passing 109.

But wonderfully atmospheric.  You have done so well to get so much so right.

Edited by Seahawk
  • Like 1

Brilliantly done, very atmospheric. Proper old school modelling. Of course in real life things would be more spread out but that would spoil the impact. I was concerned about the pilot running towards one of the Hurricanes. The one with the cowlings off. But obviously he's running towards an unseen Hurri off the diorama. 

But the bedroll? :mellow: unacceptable. If our old sergeant found a bed roll as dodgy as that in our hut. He'd have flung all the bed rolls into the rafters while using coarse language and impolite expressions of dismay.:D

But apart from that I like it. Protect it now, put it in a display case. 

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that some people like my dio.

Thank you all for your very nice comments. I'm quite please with it, but I never realised that it would be this well received.

@Seahawk   &  @noelh

I did try to get the bedding and the bed-roll looking more to 'military' standards, but my experience with PVA and tissue wasn't up to the job. But I have decided that the running pilot was just in the process of making his bed, when a phone call told him to "get the hell up there", and he is rushing to the mechanic to tell him to put the :rant: lid on because he needs to plug some holes in Jerry. :pilot: Does that work for you?

I got a little carried away with the hut contents, I would liked to have shoehorned more in! I know it is a bit of amalgam of RAF huts rather than a single type. Maybe next time I should do half a control tower, that might give me enough room to cram in the extra stuff.

Gorby

• Like 1

Now that's just wonderful. Was enjoying the pics and then scrolled down to see the inside of the hut and went "wow" to myself. Just stunning my friend, congratulations on a great looking build.

Martin

• Like 1

Gorby

Absolutely stunning, have looked through the pictures a couple of times and see something else i have missed, the bed packs look like mine did during training till i learnt the secret, get the guy who was good at doing bed packs, slip him a fiver to do yours and sleep in a sleeping bag.

Simples

ALB

Jim 

• Like 1