Revell Eurofighter typhoon single seater, new molds.

4 hours ago, GMK said:

What's "EuroForce" Karlo? Never heard of it before. 

It is just a fiction scenario of United force of Europa. I am huge fan of ''what if'' index. Thing is i just love to do something different. I like to express creativity in models. Some model i make as they should be, but for eurofighter personaly i think it would look great in desert scheme, instead of low visb. camo. But still i will try to focus on details to copy original parts as much as possible. That model is from web called gekko graphics. They do some crazy ''what if'' scenario with intersting models and storys behind them. The next project will be Marine Spitfire 1/32 that will be as it should, but for eurofighter i would love to camo it in desert scheme. Only question is in markings. Spain has already few aircraft in desert scheme, but UK is also active in desert areas. But i will do marking when i am done with everything else.

• Like 1

Ok I am done with cockpit. I used light gray from revell but kinda it turned out to be too much ''light'' by my opinion. Decals where from old sheet, it seems with new molds decals just got wors then before. New seat is a bit better then old one in some areas. I used this photos as reference for my ejection seat and pannels. Still i am not done with all painting will fix some areas when i finaly put everything in place. 

eurofighter-cockpit.jpg

MBMk16AEjectionSeat.jpg

IMG_20170618_125914_zpsysu3bq9w.jpg

IMG_20170618_132136_zpszpfm60zu.jpg

Looking at those panel i'm starting to get some really bad flash backs. Kinda remind me of my ex. So thin and shallow, every mistake will be here unforgiven (definitely my ex). So i will need to have different approach when painting this one. There are two possibilities:

1) To rescribe all panel lines, and make them a bit dipper.

2) To paint each paint directly on plastic, without a base layer. So what i would do here is split whole model in areas and then paint each area in suitable paint and only be carefull with joints betwen areas.

So i am still not shure how i will do this. Well there will be scribing anyway...

Hello

So far i am pleased with fits, but a plastic is soft. Normaly i am used to hard plastic from revell, this one is easy to play with and to rescribe. For now i am not applaying any putty to the model. Just gluing and sanding to get best fit. Upper part of fuselage was easy to assemble. Only thing i didn't like was vertical stabilizer. The split was wird, I thought they done it because of panel lines. But watching at a blue prints it was not.

IMG_20170622_121929_zps2uvxxcel.jpg

Still doing some rescribing, but please can anyone tell me what is that pennis like thingy on a back of fuselage ??? I have not seen that thing on old mold. Details are much more precise now and pannel lines look better then on old one. 

IMG_20170622_121923_zpsoo6toiew.jpg

When it comes on upper part of intake i decided to build it in two parts. First i glued that part of plastic to upper fuselage, and then i will glue vertical part of intake to fuselage, when upper part is fully dry. I done some sanding and removed some flesh when i tried dry fitting. I hope there won't be any need for putty, because there are some really nice engraved details.  (yes i am hairy sweetheart tho :P )

IMG_20170622_121949_zpsn2j11bju.jpg

When it comes to missiles and undercarriage i will use old molds. Much more details. New missiles and already in one part, where old ones need to be assambeled.

IMG_20170622_122500_zpsclxpfoet.jpg

Up new, on bottom old.

IMG_20170622_122451_zpsooyedsoz.jpg

Thank you for watching, hope i will make some more proggres today.

22 hours ago, Karlo said:

but please can anyone tell me what is that pennis like thingy on a back of fuselage ??? I have not seen that thing on old mold.

Hi Karlo,

I don't understand very well the zone that you ask? The Air Brake?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matteo44 said:

Hi Karlo,

I don't understand very well the zone that you ask? The Air Brake?

40 minutes ago, andymoore said:

I believe the 'thingy' you are referring to is a rear missile warning system

It is missile warning system, but it looks to big for me, compared to rest of the model, but i am not so sure :/

The build is slowly going in good direction, i removed vertical stabilizer so i could do better tension with duck type to hold model on spot. Well with new molds there are some improvments. For example if i sanded wings a bi better and if i had tamiya cement i could assamble wings without any putty ! First i would glue and cement front part of the wing, when everything would be dry i would then do back part of the wing, and then bottom of the wing. But this way i got solid conecction and i used putty mostly to do proper leveling so i get smoother transition from fuselage to wing section. My only concern are panel lines. Please if anyone can tell me if they are deep enough so you can actualy use some wash and get good results or they must be engraved a bit ? I Know if you take a look at a size of a model they are nice, but sometimes when painting with a brush that could be tricky. I hope i will do all geometry this week and i will start slowly with painting. Any suggestions, fedback or critic is more then welcome ! Thank you

I already done some rescribing on bottom front part of fuselage.

IMG_20170625_134410_zps1odiwj7y.jpg

Hope i won't destroy details when sanding here at a bottom of fuselage. Should i mask area again before sanding ?

IMG_20170625_134356_zpsqi9ixnqn.jpg

And one more question, i use revell plast, so how long does it need to be fully dry ?

IMG_20170625_134347_zpscufdsah0.jpg

This is my guide for panel lines.

3117c8a98896780fc421a927d6f9b9b5.png

Edited by Karlo

• 3 months later...

Testing Flickr a bit and showing some work done. Panel lines where rescribed since they where a bit shallow for brush painting. Canopy seam was fixed and mostly main part of aircraft is done. Landing gear, missiles and more details are missing for now. It is a bit different eurofighter but i hope you will like it. Any suggestions feedback is appreciated. I done some mistakes but i hope i learned from them. During model transport i lost missile warning system :( and i lost one part of storm shadow missile :( . Learned to even thin a color a bit more and do two or three Extra layers for better result and while engraving panel lines i should use more type instead of free hand scribing. Well i hope i will not do same mistakes again (but i Know i will). Also found cool product called "vallejo glaze" i will try to experiment with it to get paint blending in future build. So here are some photos, hope you gona like them a bit:

37221920070_278f270603_z.jpgIMG_20171003_212818 by Karlo Miletić, on Flickr

37221920360_b887c18fe8_z.jpgIMG_20171003_212800 by Karlo Miletić, on Flickr

37221920590_978fbf8f8a_z.jpgIMG_20171003_212744 by Karlo Miletić, on Flickr

36770357964_e61ff2a3f9_z.jpgIMG_20171003_210818 by Karlo Miletić, on Flickr

37221921310_9e6bfce430_z.jpgIMG_20171003_212655 by Karlo Miletić, on Flickr

And yes i had a bit trouble with installing canopy so i cut some parts to get a bit better fit but still didn't get perfect fit :/

Edited by Karlo
Text edit