Revell Eurofighter typhoon single seater, new molds.

Hello

this will be my summer project :D . I will combine old molds and new molds best parts from both boxes and see what i will get from it !. I'm gona do a spanish EF with taurus missiles. Stay tuned. If anyone needs EF 2000 decals let me Know :D !

a4527c0c-6d5b-4fc0-8706-fb57265986a7_zps

• Like 3

I've already built this kit, it's not too bad, better in some places and worse in others compared to the older version. 

They've simplified it but have also improved some of the fit issues between parts like the wing uppers with the fuselage.

The marking option in the kit is lovely too, the decals are superb.

Rich

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matteo44 said:

I don't know the kit... but this is a fantastic plane!!! 

Good work

It is new . As Rich g said, they tried to fix some issues with old kit, i made old 2 kit two times but i failed each time, just wasn't good enough to bring the best of it. New kit had less weapons and less markings, buti  have old decals sheets as you can see from a picture above, so i will use that for missiles and markings.

29 minutes ago, Rich G said:

I've already built this kit, it's not too bad, better in some places and worse in others compared to the older version. 

They've simplified it but have also improved some of the fit issues between parts like the wing uppers with the fuselage.

The marking option in the kit is lovely too, the decals are superb.

Rich

Thank you Rich for feedback, can you please tell what parts are still glitchy so i can put better focus on them ? Think i will not use decals from this kit, since i have some other build in my mind, i will post it soon, i kinda had in mind to do a desert scheme of this model , like Spain did to this betiful hornet. But i have not done final desicison.

F-18+EExNavyC15-77.jpg

Karlo,

I found that although the fit of the wings was better as the join was more level with the fuselage parts there was still a small gap to fill and sand, the air intake still has to be put together carefully to fit without seams to fill or the upper part overhanging slightly, but the mould was cleaner than the old one so it went together better for me. 

The airbrake is better but again I remember there being a slight gap to fill when it is in the closed position.

The main drawbacks were the lack of weapons in the new kit and also the lack of the guide-vane pieces under the cockpit/nose area, they are not moulded into the new kit and are not seperate pieces like they were in the older mould.

Otherwise it looks really good.

Rich

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich G said:

Karlo,

I found that although the fit of the wings was better as the join was more level with the fuselage parts there was still a small gap to fill and sand, the air intake still has to be put together carefully to fit without seams to fill or the upper part overhanging slightly, but the mould was cleaner than the old one so it went together better for me. 

The airbrake is better but again I remember there being a slight gap to fill when it is in the closed position.

The main drawbacks were the lack of weapons in the new kit and also the lack of the guide-vane pieces under the cockpit/nose area, they are not moulded into the new kit and are not seperate pieces like they were in the older mould.

Otherwise it looks really good.

Rich

Thank you very much Rich. I will try to be very carfull so i don't fail again with this kit, i just adore eurofighter but it seems i just can't get one to look properly :D !

6 hours ago, Phone Phixer said:

Are all the spare decals 1/72 like the kit or do you have any 1/48.

Rob.

Unfortunately, they are all for 1/72 scale Rob.

1 hour ago, bianfuxia said:

Do you happen to know the proper colour to paint the Spanish eurofighter (assuming you do the standard air superiority grey one)? My build has bogged down at that point.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/rvl/80-4317.pdf

This should help you a bit. As i have seen from a photos , mostly the difference is in nose tip of a plane.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s809.photobucket.com/user/Genessis14/media/Aircraft/eurofighterscamo005.jpg.html

On this link i found nice Eurofighter camo scheme, don't you love it :D . EF looks so much more aggressive when painted likes this !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Thanks - I was kind of hoping for an FS number or a paint brand # that didn't require mixing!

thanks anyway though.

as61-back_orig.png

This could help you out a bit.

The Spanish are not FS35237 blue grey like the luftwaffe ones. Not sure the actual shade but seen fs36321 Dark Gull Gray quoted as such which is an off the shelf colour for a few brands and judging by the photos is likely. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

The Spanish are not FS35237 blue grey like the luftwaffe ones. Not sure the actual shade but seen fs36321 Dark Gull Gray quoted as such which is an off the shelf colour for a few brands and judging by the photos is likely. 

Thanks - I'd scanned through a few images including the one above and it is hard to really define which grey it is. As with all colours but apparently especially grey, so much depends on the lighting in the actual photo.

I'll take a look at 36321, thanks again.

On 6/13/2017 at 7:07 AM, bianfuxia said:

Do you happen to know the proper colour to paint the Spanish eurofighter (assuming you do the standard air superiority grey one)? My build has bogged down at that point.

Spanish Typhoons are painted FS36231. The lighter grey areas (the radomes etc.) are all RAF Camouflage Grey (aka Barley Grey), just as they are on all the other nations' jets.

22 minutes ago, Bobski said:

Spanish Typhoons are painted FS36231. The lighter grey areas (the radomes etc.) are all RAF Camouflage Grey (aka Barley Grey), just as they are on all the other nations' jets.

my mistake, so easy to muddle the FS numbers up. Odd choice going with an interior colour like that, would have thought they would use one of the greys used on the F-18's for commonality.... 

15 hours ago, Bobski said:

Great, thanks very much.

7 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

In Vallejo that is 70.991 which is "dark sea grey". 

Doesn't sound right?

Vallejo Model Air have 36231 available in some of their Modern US aircraft paint sets. It's also available from Mr Hobby. Not sure of the paint codes.

8 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

In Vallejo that is 70.991 which is "dark sea grey". 

Doesn't sound right?

I have that color at home, i will paint it on a white papper today, so you can see how it looks like.

Ok, photos coming soon. I would go with medium sea grey 70.870. Battery on mobile phone died i will take some photos with natural light and with flash light.

IMG_20170615_191536_zpsen3turxv.jpg

IMG_20170615_192855_zpsjxzahvyq.jpg

But my personal opinion would be to go with 75% grey and 25 % white. 

Edited by Karlo
Photos