Continuing issues with Switched Users

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Do the log out, clear cache and restart browser dance if you've not done it already John :)

I was getting lazy and just shutting down then rebooting with the same results. This time did the full monty including a CC clean and I can stop taking the tablets now cos I'm cured. (That makes me sound like a piece of ham). I'm going to miss ol' George though.

John. (The real McCoy). 

I cleared my cache and changed my password just to add braces to the belt.

My wife cleared out my cash this afternoon

My notifications had gone a bit haywire (130 e-mails) but I think that problem may have been between the seat and the keyboard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, georgeusa said:

So Mike, do you have any hair left, or has it all been torn out in frustration?

You haven't met me yet, have you George? :lol:

...as a coot mate ;)

• Like 1

If you're still getting identity issues, log out of Britmodeller, clear your browser cache (guides are available online - just type "clear cache Firefox" or whatever browser you use), close your browser and then restart.  Don't post telling me you're still Mister X unless you've done that :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

You haven't met me yet, have you George? :lol:

...as a coot mate ;)

Why do I like this site so much?  It isn't just the great modeling that goes on here.  No, I really like it because I learn so much. I just spent the last 30 minutes researching the term "coot mate", as I have never heard it before. Origins in 1420 "Chronicle of Troy", etc. etc. since being on here, I have learned about a myriad number of British 60s, 70s, and 80s personalities that are referenced in different threads. I have learned about Dr. Who from Dalek builds. (Seems like a cult though!). I can't count the different food, snacks, drinks, that I have learned about bar references to them. (Still out on trying Vegemite though.). Anyway, for me, a large part of the appeal of this site is all the research I have to do just to try and understand English "English"!  Too many "u"s added to words; just really not necessary. 

• Like 1

Does the silence of the lambs mean that everyone's back to their old selves, or have you just decided to embace your extra personalities now? :shrug:

If you've been affected and everything is now OK, please shout up so we can tell how we're doing :)

All back to normal now. Once the doctor explained that the tablets were not suppositories and should be taken orally, everything was fine:o. All of my nasty alter egos have gone back to the closet.

John (Unable to sit down).

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Does the silence of the lambs mean that everyone's back to their old selves, or have you just decided to embace your extra personalities now? :shrug:

If you've been affected and everything is now OK, please shout up so we can tell how we're doing :)

I'm still the wonderful, mysterious, enigmatic. heroic, legendary, mythological, brave Black Knight

I couldn't log in to the forum just over three hours ago.

I got this message

IMG_8037.png

It continued after emptying the cache, restarting the browser (Safari, iOS).

I just got in successfully :)

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

I had the same message as Tony earlier but all is well now and I didn't sign Bullbasket up for half a dozen or so Group Builds that he has no interest in because I've been me since I chipped in yesterday.

• Like 1

eurghhh!

:sick:

"too many connections"  again

when I had that yesterday I thought it was the DDOSsers dossing about

Presume I'm right about that then Mike?

fairly obvious that after a while (3/4 hour for me yesterday and twenty minutes today) the hits declined and Normal Service resumes

I have resolved to go away and make a model next time it happens

Blimey, I might even get one finished

Edited by perdu
lost emoticon
  • Like 1