Continuing issues with Switched Users

That's worrying - log out immediately, and try logging back in.  I'll post this to Invision, as I don't like the thought of posts being misattributed :S

Something's squiffy with the membership side of things since the last attack, so I'm going to reboot the server in a bit.  Bear with us ;)

We'll get it sorted.  It's relying on two separate issues being fixed by two sets of Support, so please bear with us. :)

Interesting, I was able to log into my actual account but after viewing a couple of threads I am now someone else.

I am now off to pour copious amounts of superlatives on my one and only build.(only joking, but tempted)

Cheers Rwa66

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alancmlaird said:

It's me, Paul A H. I'm posting as alancmlaird :wacko: Um... everyone round to Alan's, I'm giving away my stash :wicked:

I'm the real alancmlaird. It a misprint. I'm giving away my mustache.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mike said:

:cwl: oh dear... I wish Support would hurry up!

I am in again, for me the issues are minor ATM.

Have you thought of using cloudflare protection ?

I know it has its cost tho ...

Cheers

Martin

Try clearing your cache from your browser too, see if that has any effect.

The IP was the same, but you were Keith for a sec there.  First thing to do is log out, clear caches, restart browser.  Then post here if you're either fixed or not.  Support are having difficulty understanding any remaining issues (although most seem to be fixed), but I'm still trying to explain it to them, and have pointed them at this thread in order for them to get the jist of what's occurring. :)

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Try clearing your cache from your browser too, see if that has any effect.

The IP was the same, but you were Keith for a sec there.  First thing to do is log out, clear caches, restart browser.  Then post here if you're either fixed or not.  Support are having difficulty understanding any remaining issues (although most seem to be fixed), but I'm still trying to explain it to them, and have pointed them at this thread in order for them to get the jist of what's occurring. :)

Had that all done already, that's why I posted above to see if I am myself again.

I am certain you'll fix it but I can imagine it's a pain in the bottom ...

Fingers crossed !!!

If you want to draw my attention to anything quickly, use the @occa function to drag me over :)

Just now, occa said:

I am certain you'll fix it but I can imagine it's a pain in the bottom ...

You're right on both counts ;)

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If you want to draw my attention to anything quickly, use the @occa function to drag me over :)

You're right on both counts ;)

You mean I better write you a PM ?

2 minutes ago, occa said:

You mean I better write you a PM ?

If you want my attention to a post, just type the "@" symbol and start typing "Mike" after it.  That'll give you a list of Mikes to choose from, and you can pick the right one.  I'll get notified, and you don't have to repeat yourself in a PM or report then :)

That holds true for any member, and is called a "mention". :smartass:

Just now, Mike said:

If you want my attention to a post, just type the "@" symbol and start typing "Mike" after it.  That'll give you a list of Mikes to choose from, and you can pick the right one.  I'll get notified, and you don't have to repeat yourself in a PM or report then :)

OK gotcha !!

Cheers

Martin

Good morning,

I would like to comment on something I've been seeing since yesterday. This is that when entering the forum, for example, the RIP section of AFV, I see that I do with the identity of some other member, just as if I had put the password and nickname of it (impossible since it does not HE...)
And I do not like it, I find it very strange ...

Maybe the administrators can shed some light on this, and in their case fix it, maybe it's because of the attacks in the forum ...

Best regards to all

Hi, please, this message, I do not write it Schwarz-Brotz, I am FrancisGL, but without me wanting, I was already logged in with that identity, and it would seem as if he had written it and not I ...

This happens since yesterday, that when I open the page of the forum, before I Sign in, the registered identity of a member (in this case Schwarz-Brotz) already appears.

Please, I have nothing to do with this matter, and I ask for some information / solution about this matter.

Best regards

Good morning,

I would like to comment on something I've been seeing since yesterday. This is that when entering the forum, for example, the RIP section of AFV, I see that I do with the identity of some other member, just as if I had put the password and nickname of it (impossible since it does not HE...)
And I do not like it, I find it very strange ...
I consider this important, and it may happen to other members

Maybe the administrators can shed some light on this, and in their case fix it, maybe it's because of the attacks in the forum ...

Best regards to all

Edited by FrancisGL

yes it is because of the cyber attacks.

Many are being affected

There is a very long thread already discussing this

Mike and the team are on it

Log out, clear your cache, log back in and it'll be sorted - for a while

• Like 1

Francis, this appears to be happening to quite a lot on here just now, almost certainly to do with the attacks on the forum in one way or another. A lot about it in the thread about those things.

Steve.

• Like 1