Hello from the Desert Southwest of the US

Intruder503

Hello all! Came across this site while searching info on my Eduard Bf109 E-4. I've been watching -ok, stalking - this site for about a month. Decided it was time to join.

A little about me:

Name's Chris and I live in the Phoenix area. I got into model building as a boy. I watched my dad build a 1:48 Phantom II (which he still has!) and was hooked. I got away from it as a teenager and briefly picked it up while I was in the US Navy. A few years back I decided I wanted to build representations of the aircraft I worked on - both in service and as a civilian mechanic - so I purchased an A-6E Intruder, EA-6B Prowler, and an A-4N so I could build them. I built the A-6 with disappointing results (mostly because I was showing off my lack of skills) so I crated the others. About 6 months ago, the bug hit yet again but this time I took to YouTube and watched some builds. Anyway, I decided to purchase a few kits to ease me back in: Eduard 1:32 Bf109E-4 Profipack, Trumpeter 1:32 TBF-1C (which I plan to build as a VT-11 machine), 1:32 Trumpeter A-6E (which I plan to build as the plane I watched over, VA-115 503, Buno. 152950), and Revell's 1:48 Tornado IDS. All weekend builds, I'm sure!!

Anyway, it's nice to see so many with the passion to model in one place!!

Thanks for having me!

Chris

Edited by Intruder503
  • Like 1