Avro Vulcan 1/48

There are a few photos of the airbrakes and a nice photo of the tail to nose (looking along the upper surfaces) on this page: http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/vulcan/walkaround.php

-I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between the upper/lower airbrake bays, except for that there's two on top and one underneath :D Although the second image I originally posted showed a fairly clean underside bay, the images in the Thunder and Lightnings page show otherwise.... It's a mystery to me, I'm afraid :\

Also, this might be helpful at some point? :

a1959238-254-Vulcan_b2a.jpg

8cf35ab2f71749b57021db4ea5451b14.jpg

802281.jpg

Kind regards,

Sam

Edited by cathasatail
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a problem with the correct appearance of the inlets. All photos are taken from the ground level and it is not very clear what shape and size the inlets have. I can not find any good plans showing this element of the plane. Maybe you have the dimensions of these inlets, some plans or photos that would allow me to make the correct inlets?

spacer.png

Edited by Cezarek
  • Like 1

There are two types of Vulcan intakes. Early narrow ones and wider ones. The narrow ones were on all B1s and early B2s up to and including XH556, wide intakes were on all B2s from XH557 onwards. 

I have decent drawings for the narrow ones, a scan kindly sent to me by another modeller. I need to find an original copy, they sometimes appear on eBay. The B2 intakes though, only drawings I have for a B2 don't look very accurate, I'd take the measurements with a handful of salt. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Work on the front part of the fuselage.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The ejection seats have arrived. I chose these because I thought they were the closest to those used in Vulcan. Of course, please express your opinions regarding their use in the model or making any necessary modifications.

spacer.png

Edited by Cezarek
  • Like 2