Battle of Midway Anniversary

JPuente54

Today marks the 71st anniversary of the end of the Battle of Midway. As with my post of yesterday commemorating the Normandy landings; let us remember and honor the men and women who made the victory possible(Dennis the Bear mentioned the people behind the victory(factories, etc.), as well. That goes for this one, too.).

• Like 1

Indeed, and let us also remember that today is the 100 anniversary of the first day of the battle for Messines Ridge, a rare victory in 4 years of virtual stalemate.The blowing of the mines was at the time the largest and loudest man made explosion to date.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JPuente54 said:

Today marks the 71st anniversary of the end of the Battle of Midway. As with my post of yesterday commemorating the Normandy landings; let us remember and honor the men and women who made the victory possible(Dennis the Bear mentioned the people behind the victory(factories, etc.), as well. That goes for this one, too.).

Do you mean the 75th anniversary?

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Sorry, my arithmetic is off; you are correct, sir. Thank you for reminding me of the correct number. Please note that I have corrected the tag. Again, thank you, Mike. Colour my face red with embarrassment.:blush:

Edited by JPuente54
Add statement

6 hours ago, Mikemx said:

No worries. If anyone is interested in the Battle of Midway, read the book 'The Shattered Sword'. It tells the story of the battle more from the Japanese point of view and gives a truer picture of what happened.

thanks

Mike

Yes, wonderful book. I wrote my thesis paper on the Battle of Midway at Royal Military College. This battle alway fascinated me.