Testors Discontinues Even MORE Model Master Colors

Space Ranger

According to a spokesman for RPM/Rustoleum, Testors' parent company, "The 9580D International Military & Figure Enamel was recently discontinued due to the lack of support for it in the marketplace."

These are the colors included in the following ranges:

Figure Enamels

US Military Enamels

WW II US & UK Enamels

WW II German Luftwaffe & Panzer Enamels

WW II Italian/Japanese/Russian Enamels

Modern Armor NATO/Gulf War/Russia

Naval Enamels

Stain Enamels

(Note: "9580D" is the catalog number for the merchandising rack for these paints, which also include all of the US FS 595 colors. Some of these were previously discontinued or are now available only in rattle cans.)

This catalog page shows the colors to be discontinued:

Testors%20Intl%20Figure%20and%20Military

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Paul Bradley said:

Enamels, but doesn't affect acrylics, presumably?

With Testors you never know. As soon as their corporate overlords decide the acrylics aren't turning sufficient profit, they'll be gone as well.

• 8 months later...

Thought I would use this already existing thread;

Regarding the MM Acrylics, is it me? Or have some of these vanished? The list at the Testors website of them seems to have shortened somewhat, with even some RLM colours missing now. I thought they might expand the acrylic range since they seem to be chopping the enamels range to bits. The acrylics have been some of the easiest acrylics I have come across to use. I can spray them easily, and with a brush they are very, very good.

Can any of our US member comment on whether they have noticed a reduction of the acrylic range?

Edited by sapperastro

I see their acrylics (and automotive enamels) at Hobby Lobby, which is a chain crafts store. I imagine the acrylics will be with us for a while yet, but in general people who're hardcore about the hobby don't seem to use Model Masters, and new entrants generally don't seem to use enamels.

• Like 1