What Sherman tank kit?

richellis

For a nice and easy build I would recommend anyone of the newer Tamiya 1/35 Sherman kits.

Here's a link to Hannants - not because I in any way am affiliated or work for them at all, but this is just an easy way of showing you the options::winkgrin:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8229&product_type_id=1899&code=&scale_id=954&keyword_search=sherman&setPerPage=25&sort=0&search_direction=0&save_search_name=&save_search=

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 1

I would recommend any of the Asuka/Tasca Shermans. They have great detail, go together well and from my understanding are the most accurate ones out there.

Carl

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FG2Si said:

I would recommend any of the Asuka/Tasca Shermans. They have great detail, go together well and from my understanding are the most accurate ones out there.

Carl

Same.

A few precision about Tamiya kits shown on Hans's link.

The first three are quite old, and not really accurate, still with Tamiya's easy fit.

The two Israeli are about 70% new for the M1, and 100% for the M51, both splendid kits.

Tamiya did also rebox some Asuka/Tasca sherman, both with the 76mm gun IIRC.

• Like 1

I'm really just echoing what's already been said, but it does depend on what you want from the build. If you want accuracy and good detail, then the Tasca/Asuka Sherman's are first class but can be expensive. Dragon are a bit of a mixed bunch. Some of the later ones, such as the M4 Hybrid and the M4(105) are excellent, but some of their earlier ones such as the original Firefly Hybrid have really OTT casting texture. Tamiya again are a mixed bag. The M4 and the M4A3 are from the 1980's and although still fairly accurate, have their faults, but they are reasonably priced. Their IDF M1 (which I've just built), is a new kit but uses the old original M4 lower hull with all it's problems. Best bet for Tamiya is either the M1 Super Sherman with the HVSS running gear, or the M51. Both are great. Apart from those, you have Revell with their M4A1 76mm which is dated, but again fairly accurate and I believe that Academy do an M4A2 76mm of which I have no knowledge.

So it's a case of, you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Good luck.

John.

• Like 1