A-Wing Fighter (old AMT)

This is the old AMT kit from the 1980's, with the rear area heavily modified. Most of the work was done 15 years ago but I never got around to the final touches of finishing and display until the past year. Now THERE'S procrastination for you!

When I did this 15 years ago I came across an article from a French builder showing how the area between the engine exhausts needed complete rebuilding; I did so and went even further, and I must say it really makes all the difference! Also replaced the actual engine vector rings with scratchbuilt items based on the tube from a glue-stick. The Torpedo tubes were also opened up.

But my real pride is the painting, which was more trouble than I think my current middle-aged self would go to. I did everything I could to match every blemish and paint peeling in the famous studio model photos. 

Enjoy!

Eth8V7q.jpg

PAISSLK.jpg

tAvBJLF.jpg

QH1Fpfr.jpg

XQcvWXW.jpg

VUpHZL7.jpg

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy
  • Like 11

Very nice! The paint job looks spot on.

The main fuselage of the studio model consisted of F-14A wing root / intake parts, didn't it..?

Cheers,

Andre

On 6/7/2017 at 1:29 PM, Hook said:

Very nice! The paint job looks spot on.

The main fuselage of the studio model consisted of F-14A wing root / intake parts, didn't it..?

Cheers,

Andre

That's cool, I never knew that!