Eduard Focke Wulf 190 A-8 (1/48)

This is my third build since being back into the hobby and starting 1/48 and therefore the model is by no means perfect; nor was the process. 

The kit is very enjoyable to build with the PE parts adding nicely to the overall effect, I decided to take advantage of the nicely designed BMW 803 and having it partially visible as well as the MG's on display. Despite the kit fitting very nicely, I had real troubles with the decals; the spinner decal crumbled and the black stripe broke on one side. This meant I had to improvise using tamiya tape for both the spinner and the black stripe design (if anyone knows what this is really called let me know because I expect 'black stripe' isn't the technical term) and painted it instead; although you can notice the spinner being hand painted I am still quite pleased with the result and am more than happy with the stripe which came out a lot better than expected.

PS. the antenna wire will be re- done but for now it will suffice.

PPS... The tub of water is holding plants which is why it is there, I forgot to move it before taking the photos :yes:

Thanks

• Like 10

I think for only your third model this is a great result. I've built the Eduard 190 for myself and it is for sure not a kit for beginner.

The stripe on the spinner is simply called "spinner spiral". Your paint job and weathering looks solid on top and belly. Maybe the soot stains of the wing guns are a bit overdone. But that's only a minor point.