1/48 Tamiya F-14A Tomcat - VF-41 Black Aces

It's all done and I'm happy with the result

I've posted a full article with more images and details at my blog.  But if you're not interested in that here's some images 

F-14_A-35.jpg

F-14_A-38.jpg

F-14_A-40.jpg

F-14_A-44.jpg

F-14_A-47.jpg

F-14_A-50.jpg

F-14_A-54.jpg

F-14_A-31.jpg

F-14_A-27.jpg

F-14_A-34.jpg

Edited by Calum
  • Like 72

fantastic build!

are the wings still moveable?

those missiles seem to have had quite some flight time!

:thumbsup: !

Edited by exdraken

You've covered all the bases, great build and finish. Display is very fitting and photography with the black background really draws all the attention to your workmanship.

I've seen others use the dark background but would like to see it used a bit more as I feel the subjects really become the focus.

Well done.

Thanks to all for the feedback. it's appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Lovely result Calum; you've made me seriously consider doing a Tomcat in grey and white myself - something I was convinced I'd never do until now..

Andrew.

Yeah I was never that much of a fan but I really liked the VF 41 scheme... Am tempted to do another albeit a Cliche 'd VF84 jet

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

fantastic build!

are the wings still moveable?

those missiles seem to have had quite some flight time!

:thumbsup: !

Yeah wings still move. And I wanted dirty missiles. Most of my references (albeit for newer weapons than these) show them quite dirt.

9 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

You've covered all the bases, great build and finish. Display is very fitting and photography with the black background really draws all the attention to your workmanship.

I've seen others use the dark background but would like to see it used a bit more as I feel the subjects really become the focus.

Well done.

I do agree fr certain subjects, particularity light ones like this. But I did find it much harder to get good shots with the dark background. I ended up with lots of reflections on the lens, which translated to the image (obviously ) 

Edited by Calum
  • Like 1

I absolutely love the Tomcat and you have done a cracking job building this one.Your blog about the build is a really goos read too, thanks for the good work. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2017 at 7:51 AM, Calum said:

Yeah I was never that much of a fan but I really liked the VF 41 scheme... Am tempted to do another albeit a Cliche 'd VF84 jet

I spose it's Ok😀 Blog is a great read too . You know, I've never bought into this " cliched" thing. It's a great scheme and if you want one in your cabinet, I reckon go for it.

Same as if ever a decent 32 scale B mustang comes out, I'll be doing Shangri-la. I don't care that everyone else has done it. Everyone else's models are not in my cabinet ! 

Bruce