McDonnell Douglas Harrier II

Ready for inspection is my McDonnell Douglas Harrier II. It was the first Tamiya kit I have attempted, and I was excited to compare it to my previous experiences with Airfix, Revell and Eduard. I found the kit went together smoothly, and very little filler or sanding was required. I opted to use Humbrol equivalent paints, as my local model shops don't stock Tamiya and finish it with a coat of Windsor and Newton matt varnish. It's not been one of my favourite builds, but I'm happy with the result.

DSC_2209

DSC_2211

DSC_2210

DSC_2212

DSC_2214

DSC_2215

• Like 6

Well done Shellie - you can never have too many Harriers!! I suspect that this may be an Italeri kit boxed by Tamiya as one of their own products. Tamiya have tended to shy away from 1/72, favouring 1/48th and 1/32nd. Either way, it still every inch a Harrier!

• Like 2

Nice work Shellie and good that you saw it through to the end. It's worth trying one of the newer Tamiya own tooled kits to experience the true Tamiya experience (fit and quality). That said, a lot of the recent releases are giving Tamiya a run for their money.

• Like 1

Hello Shellie,

Compliments on this USMC Harrier.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

I believe that this is a tamiya reboot of an original italeri kit, so not best and certainly nit representative of Tamiya's engineering. However it seems to have turned out ok and you are happy with so well done.

If you like harriers have a go at one of Airfix's new tools, they are rather nice. 

Neal

• Like 1