Hasegawa Grumman X-29 1/72

For your viewing pleasure here is my Hasegawa X-29 build. I built this because the theme for my club's July contest is Red, White & Blue and this is the only kit I had with that scheme. Hopefully there will be enough of each color to qualify. The kit was the usual Hasegawa excellent fit. However the decals were a bit of a nightmare. The kit is old and so were the decals. I had 2 boxes. In one the decals were badly yellowed, but in the other they looked pretty good. However they turned out to be kind of brittle and I was trying to position them they started breaking apart. So I ended up with non optimal positioning and a lot of breaks. Luckily I was able to get a pretty good color match. but touching up the fine lines was difficult and I had to make do with good enough rather then perfect. Anyway, here it is;

vFlTrXKv_o.jpg

ERXHE2rJ_o.jpg

P5oOxXZw_o.jpg

fgGQ7xFA_o.jpg

DEfIcdAc_o.jpg

pKYbL1hz_o.jpg

Enjoy

• Like 24

Thanks guys. The contest description said "something like the Thunderbird" for colors so I hope it fits.

Very nice indeed.

I built one of these thirty years ago; the build is long gone though. I picked up another a few months ago. Seeing yours makes me think I should move it up the to-build list. Inspiration!

• Like 1

The design goes back to the '40s. It just didn't become practical until the advent of composite materials in the 90's.

Thanks 

Great job!

I remember this kit when it came out, and it was praised from all quarters. It still looks very good.

And to be honest, all your decal woes remain pretty much invisible!

JR

• Like 1