MFH Brough Superior SS100

Stunning model - most excellent build. I was girding myself to finally acquire an example of this when the pound started to fall and just couldn't justify it to myself. Still on my wishlist though and I hope to build it myself someday.

Very well done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deon said:

That looks like a real modeller's model. Can you tell us who it is made by and what scale?

I'll take a wild guess and say it's MFH and 1/9

Edit: Check the tags on the post title - I've not noticed them in the past!

Edited by injidup

On 2017-6-6 at 1:43 PM, injidup said:

I'll take a wild guess and say it's MFH and 1/9

Edit: Check the tags on the post title - I've not noticed them in the past!

Oh yeah! Thanks for that , never saw them :)

I've dry fitted the exhausts, and what a pig of a job. The front pipe was bent out of shape, but at least was just about the right length. The rear pipe was about 2-3mm too long and needed some surgery. 

In answer to to your question, yes they do fit on the rear swinging arm. I assume this is a compromise for the model as they are solid white metal (nickel plated) and are quite heavy. 

I thought so , perusing the instructions.

Obviously they cant be mounted to a moving part of the bike , this is one of the very few mini-dilemmas with the kit.

Please post some close -ups when you get there.

Thank you.

Looking at the kit and photos on the web, I think that the exhaust is fixed to an arm that is fixed (in real life) to the pivot point of the swing arm rather than the swing arm itself.  I think this arm is connected to the swing arm on the kit purely to increase the strength of the model.

Don't know if I've explained that very well, but I'll post some close-ups of the area later.

This is a joy and something of a treat to follow, and thank you for making the effort to include clear photography - it helps and is appreciated.

As an aside, I'm now searching for one of these as you've re-ignited my initial passion and fervour both for the bike itself and for this model - although I must admit that most of the prices I've come across so far seem rather speculative??

Thanks for the compliments.  I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

I see that MFH have the kit back in stock at 53,000 Yen, or about £375, although you'd have to add shipping and import tax to that.  Hiroboy want £500 !!