1/700 Hobby Boss USS Lassen DDG-82

So just finished this one, my first ship kit in about 20 years :laugh: (I'm more of a wings & rotors man).

USS Lassen (DDG-82) is an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer in the US Navy. Named for Medal of Honor recipient Commander Clyde Everett Lassen, she is the 32nd destroyer of its class. Commissioned in April 2001, she was homeported in San Diego, Yokosuka Japan and since 2016, Mayport Florida 

I had a great time with this kit (though the P/E drove me a bit mad) and can highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get back into or start building ship kits - really lovely moulding and fit overall. Options include full hull or waterline, 2 helos and P/E comes with the kit as well which really brings it up a notch. Build details as follows:

Kit: Hobby Boss USS Lassen DDG-82
Scale: 1/700
Kit No: 83412
Paints: Halfords primer from a can; Revell Aqua Colours with a brush; Klear; Flory Wash; Weathering with oils and pastel; W&N Flat Coat (all with brush)
Build: All OOB

Some of the rails are a bit wonky (my fault) and she's also missing some UHF antennae (carpet monster) but will replace them asap.

34876966274_2a0bf3c6a5_b.jpgHobby_Boss_USS_Lassen_DDG-82_done_ (1)s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

35587365081_1d7a78ac34_b.jpgHobby_Boss_USS_Lassen_DDG-82_done_ (2)s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

35718288745_883bf25cab_b.jpgHobby_Boss_USS_Lassen_DDG-82_done_ (4)s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

35587364981_8c5b0a3ec6_b.jpgHobby_Boss_USS_Lassen_DDG-82_done_ (5)s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

35587364771_6e7f6db927_b.jpgHobby_Boss_USS_Lassen_DDG-82_done_ (7)s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

34908795123_9b85989e78_b.jpgHobby_Boss_USS_Lassen_DDG-82_done_ (8)s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

I could see myself building another ship kit in the future, makes a nice change from fuselage halves and cockpits.

Thanks for looking and enjoy your modelling!

Dermot

Edited by Dermo245
Photo wouldn't upload first time.
  • Like 5

Did I understand you correctly that you painted it with a brush? If I did then that's one of the best brush painted kits I ever saw!! Great job on the weathering as well.

• Like 1

Very nice Dermot, these Hobbyboss Arleigh Burke models are the business and you've certainly done a nice job on this one.

Recommendations for you in 1/700

Cyberhobby/Dragon Type 42 destroyer 

Trumpeter Slava Class

Revell Bismarck

• Like 1