Just finished this Revell DO-17Z-10.  It's the ICM kit repacked and new decals.   It will be reviewed in Scale Aircraft Modelling in the near future.

ee8223e6-71a7-456e-bfcf-42567bb9c9e5.JPG

resized_37eec278-31c1-45bf-98ff-104a4c69

Edited by Bill Bunting
Added photos and tags
  • Like 38

• 3 weeks later...

She looks really fine. I have one but have still to work up the courage to have a go as I've still got the mental scars from trying to build ICM's original Do215 kits (has the honour of being the only kit that I have ever officially given up on during a build).

I am getting the jitters looking at your photo of the build, that is roughly where the trouble started for me on the Do215 as the cockpit section would not match up with the wing/fuselage section without a packet of Milliput being thrown at it.

Duncan B

• Like 1

On 2017-6-24 at 4:10 AM, Duncan B said:

She looks really fine. I have one but have still to work up the courage to have a go as I've still got the mental scars from trying to build ICM's original Do215 kits (has the honour of being the only kit that I have ever officially given up on during a build).

I am getting the jitters looking at your photo of the build, that is roughly where the trouble started for me on the Do215 as the cockpit section would not match up with the wing/fuselage section without a packet of Milliput being thrown at it.

Duncan B

Don't be put off by that previous kit and experience.  This new one is very good.

• Like 1

Wow Bill that is a beauty,.......I`m not a fan of German aircraft but have always had a soft spot for their night fighters, especially the earlier overall black ones and you have done a brilliant job here mate. I look forward to reading your artilce in SAM.

I`ve started to build the Special Hobby 1/48th Ju 88C night fighter, which will also be wearing an overall black scheme, hope it turns out as nice as your model,

Cheers

Tony

PS- The plastic on the ICM C-45 Expeditor kit put me off buying any more kits from this manufacturer as it was so brittle,.....was this one the same? 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

Thanks Tony. The plastic was not brittle at all. In fact it was rather soft and easy to trim.  The fit was spectacular. I have an Fw189 to do next and a 1/48 vrsion of this one.  I'll let you know what they're like.

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Wow !  Really like this build, looks like ICM have upped their kits, had a terrible experience of their earlier Tupolev sb-2 kit, which, unfortunately put me off buying anymore of their kits, maybe I need to rethink that policy.  Well done and thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...