My second build for this GB is Heller's older, but still nice BF109B1/C1 kit. The model has a pretty accurate shape, and okay details. 

I plan on drilling out the exhausts, ,maybe reaming out the gun troughs to make them round in cross-section, and replace the guns with tubing. Maybe. 

I would really like to box in the wheel wells and add some details. Would the C wells look like the E wells? 

What this model will really need is some decals. The kit did not include any. I have a set for an early E-1. in RLM 71/72 with a big yellow "1" on the side, and the box side shows a C with essentially the same markings except for a "3" instead of a "1". So maybe this will work? 

I'd love to do a Spanish Civil War C, but I have no clue where to get decals. 

But I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. For now, here is the simple cockpit. It will be modeled with the canopy closed, so I didn't add anything except some tape belts. I still have to add the control column. 

IMG_20170604_181353369_HDR.jpg

And the fuselage halves closed up (next to a Zvezda F-2 in 1:48

IMG_20170604_183613847_HDR.jpg

near perfect fit so far.

• Like 4

This kit is taking me back centuries ago, when I still had a future ahead of me.

It was one of those kits I have kept trying to get and failed every time... So I am interested to see what it's going to look like.

Good start!

JR

It's great to see someone building this :).

I'm ashamed to admit that this is the last kit I completed. 14 years ago :o!

There's an RFI of it here, but no WIP as I built it long before I knew about modelling forums:

I think it's still the best Bf-109B kit in 1/72 and it's still on sale, brand new from Heller, at a very reasonable price.

You're doing a lovely job. Nice neat interior, I like the tape seat belts :thumbsup2: .

I didn't change anything on mine, but somewhere I have a 'Fana de'l Aviation' Magazine review of the kit (from when it first came out!), and they took a little bit of length out of the nose. I think it looks just fine as is, plus it was a scary prospect :door: !

I can help if you would like some Spanish Civil War decals, drop me a PM if so.

Looking forward to the next instalment :)

Best regards 

TonyT