Valentine X

Avereda

I'd like to join in with this one if that's ok. Maquette Valentine X/XI picked up at the Salisbury show yesterday.

The boxart

34933215842_4e0ddfdcf9_b.jpg

The sprues

34966887731_c363b5b93f_b.jpg

35057585146_0b4afe52b0_b.jpg

These things

34287617783_ca9cf6ee80_b.jpg

And the decals...

34933215302_cbbf5b1d99_b.jpg

...thankfully @PDH has offered to help me out so I think I'm good to go

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Whoa, You are brave in building this kit. I builded the reincarnation from Dragon about ten years ago. 

It is not easy,  specially the sink holes in the weels and running gear. (from what I can remember.)

Don't forget to give the spues a decent wash to get rid of all the grease on them.

Good luck with your build. I will be watching this one.:popcorn:

Cheers,

• Like 1

Definately a brave choice of builds, many moons ago I built two of those and it was a pretty challenging experience.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Good to see another armour build but it sounds like you might have your work cut out for you!! Good luck! :thumbsup::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arniec said:

Whoa, You are brave in building this kit. I builded the reincarnation from Dragon about ten years ago. 

9 hours ago, spitfire said:

Definately a brave choice of builds, many moons ago I built two of those and it was a pretty challenging experience

You may think I pick these by choice but I can assure you I don't. No sirree, I just pick them at a show or eBay, start them on here and wait for the looks of horror. I think I've broken about half a dozen parts getting them off the sprues so the fun has already commenced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see another armour build but it sounds like you might have your work cut out for you!! Good luck! :thumbsup::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers, as long as I photograph it selectively it will all be fine

• Like 1

If I remember rightly I used Accurate Armour tracks on mine, Trakpax I think they were called, resin ones that you bend with hot water or a hair drier.

Cheers

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-6-12 at 7:28 PM, spitfire said:

If I remember rightly I used Accurate Armour tracks on mine, Trakpax I think they were called, resin ones that you bend with hot water or a hair drier.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I may investigate those later in the build

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bit of spare modelling time this afternoon so I thought I'd chuck it at the Valentine. My approach to this one has been to remove the necessary parts from the sprue and bag them up in the same numbered sequence as the instructions. I've been sanding and cleaning some if the parts when the mood has taken me but today I finally completed step 1.

35982901385_00d6ce33cf_b.jpg

Steps 2&3 to follow, hopefully before I shoot off to Orkney on holiday.

• 1 month later...

This particular effort is wheezing to a slow GB death. Too much to take on I think (over committing elsewhere hasn't helped to be honest), this definitely won't make the gallery. I'll try and finish in slow (even slower) time. This is where I'm at:

37073232476_3a1177a2ab_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 07/06/2017 at 8:49 AM, Arniec said:

Whoa, You are brave in building this kit.

Can't say I wasn't warned, it's definitely hard going this one. Here's the final shot before the GB ends, which isn't  much further on than the last shot if I'm honest. If I have this finished by this next year I'll be a happy man.

36617027483_fa17c8c351_b.jpg

• Thanks 1