Lightning Martin Baker ejection seat blue harness colour.

Hi all,

Just a quick question anyone know a good acrylic paint colour for the BLUE harness on a Martin Baker ejection seat for an F6 Lightning. I normally use Tamiya or Aqueous Mr Hobby paints but cant seem to get a match. I know its only a small part to paint but i want it to look right.

Maybe i might have to mix some blues to get a good colour match.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Not aware of an acrylic match for that, but my local shop ( Antics of Bristol) stocks Vallejo Model Color  paints. 70.844 deep sky blue or 70.963 medium blue seem to be a good base to mix from either adding light grey or black to brighten/darken.  Mixing the 2 together also comes close.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04.06.2017 at 9:58 PM, Lightning1968 said:

Hi all,

Just a quick question anyone know a good acrylic paint colour for the BLUE harness on a Martin Baker ejection seat for an F6 Lightning. I normally use Tamiya or Aqueous Mr Hobby paints but cant seem to get a match.

Mark.

I was interested colour for the BLUE harness on a Martin Baker ejection seat in a palette a Tamiya or Aqueous Mr.color for the Martin Baker ejection seat my Swift from Airfix too. Because I didn't begin to establish harness from photoetched Eduard on a Martin Baker ejection seat of Quickboost.

Airfix in the instruction  for Swift FR.5 recommends to paint harness on a Martin Baker ejection seat in Humbrol 96 RAF Blue. I have no Humbrol 96 RAF Blue, but is  his color chip. Many translators say that Humbrol 96 RAF Blue corresponds or Tamiya of XF-18 or XF-50. Apparently on a photo the color chip Humbrol 96 RAF Blue is closer to Tamiya than XF-18 than XF-50:

20170708_234546.jpg

Thus if to follow recommendations of the instruction Airfix to Swift on coloring of harness on a Martin Baker ejection seat in Humbrol 96 RAF Blue that for the fan Tamiya's color XF-18 will be a close equivalent.

But how to be with the fact that harness on a Martin Baker ejection seat can be also brighter and saturated color as at photoetched Eduard? 
In my opinion  Hobby Color H25 Sky Blue is very close  to the harness on a Martin Baker ejection seat photoetced Eduard, hat is visible on a photo:

20170708_234551.jpg

But what to choose Tamiya XF-18 or

Aqueous Mr.color H25 Sky Blue?
Here to you to solve!

В.R.

Serge