Paragon 1/48 Manchester L7301 (and Lincoln RA679 too!)

I cut a base this morning mate, 55cm square! Unfortunately, I'm gong to be travelling round a bit over the next few weeks with work so the only time I'm going to get is to work on the base(s - doing a few more whilst at it) and ground figures & equipment). I'm hoping to bring 4 / 5 aircraft with bases.

Yep, me too. Just returned from a trek to the local B&Q...luckily they can quickly cut the pieces to size which helps a lot. I'm also taking five, three at 50cm x 40cms, what with all the support equipment the blasted things take as long as the models!  

The Lincoln looks a peach, look forward to seeing it...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, woody37 said:

Yes mate, rushing trying to get this finished in time. Are you bringing your vc10? You couldn’t make it last year IIRC?

Hi Neil, yes I will be there this year with the VC10, this year has gone to quick.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

Yep, me too. Just returned from a trek to the local B&Q...luckily they can quickly cut the pieces to size which helps a lot. I'm also taking five, three at 50cm x 40cms, what with all the support equipment the blasted things take as long as the models!  

The Lincoln looks a peach, look forward to seeing it...

I’m looking forwards to seeing the display, it will look quite different :)

3 hours ago, kev67 said:

Hi Neil, yes I will be there this year with the VC10, this year has gone to quick.

Can’t wait to see the VC10 in the flesh :)

Hello Neil,

What a stunning job !! :mike:

Really like the 2... I'll be glad to see her in the flesh at SMW, Glad too if I can have a look at Manchester WiP :jump_fire:

Congrats ! for your Dog ! Owning one such a dog here mean... Can't officialy get out with the dog without a muzzle !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Neil,

What a stunning job !! :mike:

Really like the 2... I'll be glad to see her in the flesh at SMW, Glad too if I can have a look at Manchester WiP :jump_fire:

Congrats ! for your Dog ! Owning one such a dog here mean... Can't officialy get out with the dog without a muzzle !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks, yes I’ll bring the Manchester too, it’s sat nicely primed and ready to be masked.

We’re off for dog training part 3 tonight, he’s settling in well although I can’t see any amount of training teaching him to resist a football. He’s acquired 9 in the last 3 weeks with a few leaving us with some explaining to do 😬

4 hours ago, woody37 said:

Thanks, yes I’ll bring the Manchester too, it’s sat nicely primed and ready to be masked.

We’re off for dog training part 3 tonight, he’s settling in well although I can’t see any amount of training teaching him to resist a football. He’s acquired 9 in the last 3 weeks with a few leaving us with some explaining to do 😬

Hello Woody,

Yes, they are fully loaded in energy !

These dogs must have a work to do, Something to occupy them and use their focus.

With our great dane, my wife do some Mantrailing, She's teaching dog behaviour with Turiid Rugaas.

Dogs became her passion.

If I can help do not hesitate !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Hello Neil,

Here's a link, SWMBO has worked with the method,

https://trust-technique.com/aboutus/

Far more usefull than any dog education !

Sylvia has really helped our dog with that method !

Now, it's up to you.

Sincerely

• Like 1

From, where I'm sat Neil, she looks superb. Your style of modelling is an inspiration to us all. Good luck at Telford, just wish I could be there, maybe next year???

Colin

• Like 1

On 30/10/2017 at 10:16 PM, corsaircorp said:

Hello Woody,

Yes, they are fully loaded in energy !

These dogs must have a work to do, Something to occupy them and use their focus.

With our great dane, my wife do some Mantrailing, She's teaching dog behaviour with Turiid Rugaas.

Dogs became her passion.

If I can help do not hesitate !

Sincerely.

CC

We’ve just had another training session and he was pretty good tonight. Had him walking round without the lead on with other dogs in the room and no wrestling with them! I’d love another dog to go with him tbh. A Great Dane must be a handful 😳

cheers

neil

• Like 1

On 31/10/2017 at 5:54 PM, corsaircorp said:

Hello Neil,

Here's a link, SWMBO has worked with the method,

https://trust-technique.com/aboutus/

Far more usefull than any dog education !

Sylvia has really helped our dog with that method !

Now, it's up to you.

Sincerely

That’s interesting. I’m sure a different approach is needed for our ball of four legged madness!

5 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

Hi Neil,

Did you actually go to Telford? Didn't see the Lincoln (apart from the one at Cosford) or you unfortunately.

Cheers

Cees

Hi Cees no I didn’t unfortunately. I was ill all weekend. Completely gutted and a let down to the BC and CC sigs that I was supposed to be with. Only positive is the money I never spent is still sat on the bedside table! 

I got the Lincoln finished along with a base but never got round to the diorama accessories. I’ll get a photo next weekend when we have some daylight.

• Like 2

Hi Neal, no wonder I couldn't find you at Telford, I hope you are recovering well and I am sure some mail order firm will help you with the cash on the bedside table !

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

HI Neil.

Bloody hell Matey.  Hadn't realised you were missing although I did keep popping by to try and catch you.  Each time I called past, Andy was deep in conversation so I didn't get chance to enquire as to your whereabouts.

Will give you a call one evening for a natter.

Get well soon

Chris.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, woody37 said:

Hi Cees no I didn’t unfortunately. I was ill all weekend. Completely gutted and a let down to the BC and CC sigs that I was supposed to be with. Only positive is the money I never spent is still sat on the bedside table! 

I got the Lincoln finished along with a base but never got round to the diorama accessories. I’ll get a photo next weekend when we have some daylight.

And I thought I was going mad as I couldn't find the Lincoln on any of the display tables, trust you're feeling better soon and, on the bright side we now have at least two good reasons to plan our trips to Telford in November 2018.

• Like 1

Hello neil,

Sorry to hear about ...

My friend Pierre is now engulfed with the BC Sig, we met a great guy and in 2 years, Pierre will be back with two1/48 Halifaxes and one 1/48 Hampden.

We've been Lucky enough to visit the workshop in Cosford and get in or Under the Hampden !! Great wotk the y did !!

Hope to see your beast finished in 2 years in the flesh and asap through BM !

Oh If you hear about the paragon design kits, Pierre will be glad to buy it !

Hope that you will heal fast ! best wishes !

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Hi guys,

thanks for the the kind comments. The cold is lingering but busy as normal this week, hopefully we should get some healthy progress on the Manchester this weekend because I plan on doing bugger all else! Following a discussion with the BC lads, the mid upper turret fairing is coming off again and it will become a VC winner. 

• Like 1